BILL HALL

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BoilerATC
T-Ball Trainer

Post by BoilerATC »

money wrote:I actually dropped Hall this morning for Aaron Hill in my 8 team league. It doesn't go through until tomorrow though, so I got the HR from Hall. If Hall keeps this up I'll pick him back up.

Good one! Now tell me you were joking.
samjerky
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: Yes

Post by samjerky »

I also found Hall on the waiver this morning. Luckily, I've got the #1 position, so I'm going to use it. It's amazing how finicky people are early in the season - I've picked up some great players in a slump already, but this is the best so far.
Ender
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Ender »

He hit the ball extremely hard all game and barely missed a couple doubles down the line that sliced foul. My guess is he goes on a tear over the next couple weeks.
hookem2003
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: 9 Team, Yahoo, Typical 5x5, Roto
c-Ianetta 1b-Morneau 2b-Kinsler SS-Jeter 3b-C Jones
CI -Votto MI-Weeks LF- Ibanez CF- Hamilton RF-Kemp OF-Abreu Util-Bruce Bn- A Jones, F Lopez,
SP- Peavy, Haren, Bedard, Greinke, Wainwright
RP- F Cordero, F Francisco, BJ Ryan, Lindstrom, S Downs
DL - A Rod, Lackey

Post by hookem2003 »

no worries, he'll come around.
Scooter1027
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Scooter1027 »

Wow, people are actually dropping him? Really? Guys, he's a streaky hitter with a penchant for Ks. Did you not know this when you drafted him? It's still way too early to be dropping a guy coming off what he did the last 2 years, not to mention a guy with CF, 3B, and SS eligibility. He'll have the occasional slump like this, and then he'll rip off a run that will carry your team. Don't give up oh him yet.
schmidty
T-Ball Trainer

Post by schmidty »

Scooter1027 wrote:Wow, people are actually dropping him?

That's how I got him in my 12-team league ... just in time for the GS :-)

You're dead-on in your analysis of Hall. I had him on my team for most of last year, and live in Wisconsin so I hear all about him. He'll go through these stretches of multiple 0-fers with tons of Ks. But he'll throw in some monsters nights, like 4/5 with a HR and 4 RBIs. And something else about Hall ... if you see the Brewers are facing a lefty you MUST find a way to get him in your lineup. Halls kills lefties (at least from 2005 on).
sadlyajetsfan
T-Ball Trainer

Post by sadlyajetsfan »

schmidty wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:Wow, people are actually dropping him?

That's how I got him in my 12-team league ... just in time for the GS :-)

You're dead-on in your analysis of Hall. I had him on my team for most of last year, and live in Wisconsin so I hear all about him. He'll go through these stretches of multiple 0-fers with tons of Ks. But he'll throw in some monsters nights, like 4/5 with a HR and 4 RBIs. And something else about Hall ... if you see the Brewers are facing a lefty you MUST find a way to get him in your lineup. Halls kills lefties (at least from 2005 on).

some good info there. would you consider him a do not start against righties for now while hes in these slumps and only against lefties?
Ender
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Ender »

3 hits tonight so far
cubs2238
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: Head to Head Non-Keeper (10 teams) Daily Trans.

R, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, K, OBP, W, L, CG, SV, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

C Joe Mauer
1B Joey Votto
2B Kelly Johnson
3B Aramis Ramirez
SS Alex Gonzales
OF Matt Kemp
OF Alfonso Soriano
OF Carlos Gonzales
UT Ichiro
BN Paul Konerko
BN Buster Posey
DL Jimmy Rollins

SP Cole Hamels
SP Yovani Gallardo
SP Chad Billingsley
SP Carlos Zambrano
SP Shawn Marcum
SP Brett Anderson
SP Clay Bucholtz
SP Colby Lewis
RP Arthur Rhodes
RP Scott Downs
DL Jorge De La Rosa

Post by cubs2238 »

I just picked him up in a 12 team league with my number 8 waiver. One of the guys told me I was stupid to use a waiver on him. I told the guy not nearly as stupid as the guy that drafted Hall!
BMcP
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: Points, H2H, CBS:

C: J. Lopez
1B: Delgado
2B: Vidro
3B: Mora
SS: Barmes
LF: Dunn
CF: Hunter
RF: Sheffield
DH: Hafner

SP: RJ
SP: L. Hernandez
SP: Od. Perez
SP: J. Wright
RP: M. Batista
RP: LaTroy
RP: Tsao
RP: Wickman
RP: M. Rivera

Bench:
Giambi, Kazmir, Womack, Hinske, McPherson, P. Wilson, C. Everett, D. Bautista, C. Capuano, Loaiza, Otsuka

Post by BMcP »

:-B WELCOME BACK, MAN!!

We missed you! (Another jack in first AB tonight)

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”