BILL HALL

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BMcP
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: Points, H2H, CBS:

C: J. Lopez
1B: Delgado
2B: Vidro
3B: Mora
SS: Barmes
LF: Dunn
CF: Hunter
RF: Sheffield
DH: Hafner

SP: RJ
SP: L. Hernandez
SP: Od. Perez
SP: J. Wright
RP: M. Batista
RP: LaTroy
RP: Tsao
RP: Wickman
RP: M. Rivera

Bench:
Giambi, Kazmir, Womack, Hinske, McPherson, P. Wilson, C. Everett, D. Bautista, C. Capuano, Loaiza, Otsuka

Post by BMcP »

Bill went from ice cold to en fuego in about a blink of an eye.
Scooter1027
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Scooter1027 »

BMcP wrote:Bill went from ice cold to en fuego in about a blink of an eye.

...which is why you can't drop him. I can't believe people were already dropping him.
alchemy
T-Ball Trainer

Post by alchemy »

I wish the Brewers would drop him, from CF. His fielding is killing my Brewers starters.
thedude
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: "This year I'm told that the team did well because one pitcher had a fine curve ball. I understand that a curve ball is thrown with a deliberate attempt to deceive. Surely that is not an ability we should want to foster at Harvard."Charles Eliot
"Professional athletes should not be role models. Hell, I know drug dealers who can dunk. Can drug dealers be role models?"-Charles Barkley

"Heroes and cowards feel exactly the same fear. Heroes just react to it differently."

"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.

Post by thedude »

Scooter1027 wrote:

...which is why you can't drop him. I can't believe people were already dropping him.

Didn't drop him just traded him for another position of need (of course he heats up right after the trade :-/ ). Even knowing he was going to go a tear i would still make that trade again.
Scooter1027
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Scooter1027 »

thedude wrote:
Scooter1027 wrote:

Didn't drop him just traded him for another position of need (of course he heats up right after the trade :-/ ). Even knowing he was going to go a tear i would still make that trade again.

I wasn't referring to you. Someone else in the thread mentioned dropping him for Aaron Hill.
baseballspliffs
T-Ball Trainer

Post by baseballspliffs »

I play in a league where we count errors, and he's the team leader in errors. And check this out, courtesy of yahoo.

"Billy's got a bad habit where he's getting the ball in his glove and flipping it out of his glove into his hand," Brewers manager Ned Yost said. "He really needs to work on getting the ball and getting his hand in the glove."

Hopefully he stops "flipping" the ball out. Maybe a case of the butterfingers? I dont watch too much brewers games so if someone could comment on his defense/fielding i appreciate it
Ender
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Ender »

He's never played CF before, he's just learning on the job so is gonna make some errors for a while.
crimson knuckles
T-Ball Trainer

Post by crimson knuckles »

His numbers are better this year than they were at the same point last year...stop panicking
Loose Circuits
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Loose Circuits »

schmidty wrote: if you see the Brewers are facing a lefty you MUST find a way to get him in your lineup. Halls kills lefties (at least from 2005 on).
good thing I benched both Marcus Giles and Adrian Gonzalez for him against the lefty Wandy :~(

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”