Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edwin Encarnacion ?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Old_Style » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:21 pm

benjapage wrote:hello

......!

buy-lo.

b

Indeed. I doubt he'll lose his job to Freel anytime soon, he'll step it up.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Young 8 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:21 pm

benjapage wrote:hello

......!

buy-lo.

b

no

drop-him
Young 8
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bellybrother » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:38 pm

I had him in a keeper league and put him back in the waiver pool(as a huge reds fan, i drafted him as prospect) because he has a huge hole in his swing.

Given time and confidence, he can produce, but with the way he's hitting and the way Hamilton is hitting, I would expect to get ALOT of starts at 3rd for Freel. Freel is gonna play. He is their ONLY leadoff hitter and Narron loves his hustle and desire. Of course the health of Griffey also plays a role in this.

Of course since Freel can move around the field defensively, that helps EE. Because the team and Narron like him(except I think Narron wished he played a little more likeFreel) he'll get his chance to succeed, but I was off his bandwagon after his first year....also not great defensively.

And BTW, EE's benching was due to a pop out not a bunt. Just clarifying. I was sorta on his side about that even though I LOVE Narron for making a stand. He popped it up and thought he fouled it back behind him and was looking for it there, but it was in shallow rightl. Whoopsy. Phillips got a littletalking to after a home run trot turned into a triple and has since busted outta the box on his next two HR's.
bellybrother
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CPHFighter1 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:01 pm

bellybrother wrote:I had him in a keeper league and put him back in the waiver pool(as a huge reds fan, i drafted him as prospect) because he has a huge hole in his swing.

Given time and confidence, he can produce, but with the way he's hitting and the way Hamilton is hitting, I would expect to get ALOT of starts at 3rd for Freel. Freel is gonna play. He is their ONLY leadoff hitter and Narron loves his hustle and desire. Of course the health of Griffey also plays a role in this.

Of course since Freel can move around the field defensively, that helps EE. Because the team and Narron like him(except I think Narron wished he played a little more likeFreel) he'll get his chance to succeed, but I was off his bandwagon after his first year....also not great defensively.

And BTW, EE's benching was due to a pop out not a bunt. Just clarifying. I was sorta on his side about that even though I LOVE Narron for making a stand. He popped it up and thought he fouled it back behind him and was looking for it there, but it was in shallow rightl. Whoopsy. Phillips got a littletalking to after a home run trot turned into a triple and has since busted outta the box on his next two HR's.

I agree with everything here. Edwin looks lost at the plate right now, and pitchers are abusing him (although not quite as awful as David Ross). His defense is well below average too, and this doesn't help his case. I'd imagine that a healthy Griffey sends Edwin to pinch hitting duties on a regular basis with a couple of starts a week. I wouldn't be surprised if they demote him for a bit until he gets things figured out (although I don't know if he has options). I really hope he gets it figured out, because he has talent and has shown that he can be a clutch hitter, something the Reds need. But right now his swing is just ugly.
CPHFighter1
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby reiser » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:34 am

bellybrother wrote:I had him in a keeper league and put him back in the waiver pool(as a huge reds fan, i drafted him as prospect) because he has a huge hole in his swing.

I love him, and have him in a keeper league too. reall intriguing mix of power and speed in the minors.

the Reds don't love him though, and that's all any fantasy player needs to know. maybe it's defense, but given the track record of Red's prospects the last couple of years, i wouldn't count on a turnaround.
reiser
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby jlm53089 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:42 am

Old_Style wrote:
jlm53089 wrote:i dropped him for brandon wood

Why would you do that?

i lost faith in him and i know no one will pick him up.
and i thought brandon wood would fill in for kendrick...
i was wrong.
jlm53089
General Manager
General Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -216)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:26 pm

i have no more worries over Encarnacion. i dropped him for Corey Hart.
but the guy currently in first place used a waiver priority to pick up Encarnacion, eventhough noone was interested in trading for him.
oh well, im happy with Hart.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 39)

Postby biggamer3 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:53 pm

Just dropped him for Crede
biggamer3
College Coach
College Coach