Return to Baseball Leftovers

What to think? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to think? WHIR

Postby shoelessjoetara » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:30 am

Have to ask this, is it still to early to panic? I am in 4th place currently,but the guy in first is stretching his lead with every HR that A-rod hits. I am still waiting for Pujols and Sheffield to come around. My lineup is stacked with HR potential but none of the guys that I have are really tearing the cover off of the ball except for Holiday and Kent and thay arent hitting HR. Piazza was supposed to be a little better than what he is doing also. When I look at it the guy leading my league ,he really has everyone that is playing above their potential except for A-Rod. And to be honest, he is playing better than he has ever played.
shoelessjoetara Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheRock » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 am

I thought we agreed you were to trade Pujols.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby Bloody Sox » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:05 am

Dude - relax. You're answering your own question. You said your guys are underachieving, all the guys on the first place team are overachieving. Enough said. LONG SEASON. Don't do anything major until mid-May, then evaluate the situation. Until then, tweak a bit here and there sitting cold guys, rotating in some hot guys in your last couple of roster spots, etc. to make sure you stay in the top half of the standings. Then see how things look from there and start making some more major moves via trade to fix any big problem areas.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Broncmet724 » Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:06 am

Don't even consider dropping anyone until the middle of May. Don't ever consider dropping Pujols. A-Rod won't keep hitting HRs at his current rate nor will Pujols continue to hit at his rate.

Patience is a virtue
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -20)

Postby silverZ » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:52 am

IT'S APRIL. I've seen a guy be in 3rd last place at the end of May, then come back and beat me by 5 points by the end of the season.

So just relax.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 50)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:23 pm

The NFL Draft is coming up. Shortly after at least you'll have your Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets to look forward to. It was a fun fantasy baseball season, wasn't it?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Yoda » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:27 pm

bigh0rt wrote:The NFL Draft is coming up. Shortly after at least you'll have your Fantasy Football Cheat Sheets to look forward to. It was a fun fantasy baseball season, wasn't it?

lol :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Return to Baseball Leftovers