Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is Albert Pujols' problem?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby stlcanowhupass » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:33 am

Syler wrote:He's an arrogant jerk. First with Glavine, then with Howard, and now this.

STLCanOWhoopAss- I disagree with most of that. So what if Marquis sucked last year? He's been great so far this year and he dominated the Cardinals today. And maybe it's not "a lucky pitch", maybe it's just that Pujols has blown chunks so far this year. Glavine's a future HOF who dominated in Game 1 of the NLCS so Pujols should have given him a little credit instead of saying he wasn't good at all. Finally, why is everyone saying Pujols got robbed? Howard had more HRs and RBIs and a good average, plus he stayed healthy all year(which Pujols didnt) and the Phillies won more games than the Cardinals, they just didn't have the fortune of playing in the worst division in baseball.

Pujols should keep his mouth shut next time, until he actually says something intelligent.





You are right, Pujols is "blowing chunks" so far, what's Howard doing? He's sucking worse than Pujols and he's hurt! The only thing your argument about Pujols being hurt last year and out for a month proves that given another month, his #'s would have been even better. Go look at his stats since coming into the league - on pace to be one of the best ever. So what if he doesn't give the politically correct answer every time, he can afford to talk trash because he can back it up.
stlcanowhupass
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 52
Joined: 2 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:46 am

He's had enough glory. He's taking the opportunity to make a couple hundred million in Vegas in a run shaving scheme that involves, apparently, a slow April.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3163
(Past Year: 86)
Joined: 30 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is Albert Pujols' problem?

Postby GotowarMissAgnes » Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:29 am

sportsaddict wrote:No, this is not a venting thread because I am worried about his production, mind you. :-)

This is my frustration for Albert Pujols being a Class A jerk the past few seasons. What is his problem? He is acting arrogant, self-centered, and basically like a complete a-hole. I read this quote in the recap from today's game and was just appalled.

"He got in trouble like normally, you know, he always gets in trouble, and finds a lucky pitch to make to get out of trouble, you know," Cardinals start Albert Pujols said of Marquis, who is slated to get a World Series ring when the Cubs visit St. Louis next week.



I like the way you ignored the rest of Pujols' comments:

"Obviously, that was the case," Pujols said. "He mixed it up pretty good today. He threw a lot of changeups. ... He was keeping the ball down and that's why he was successful."

Reporters get paid to create controversy, because that sells papers. Before you jump on a player's case for something a reporter says they said, you ought to consider the case. Looks to me like the first quote is taken out of context.
GotowarMissAgnes
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy Expert
Posts: 5469
(Past Year: -47)
Joined: 12 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Happy Valley

Postby godallahstar » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:38 am

Mod edit. :-t
godallahstar
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 537
(Past Year: -51)
Joined: 9 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: minneapolis

Postby fantasyleaguer » Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:12 am

If he's on my team going .330-45-130, I can't say I care what he says in an interview.
fantasyleaguer
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

User avatar

Posts: 24
Joined: 27 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mak1277 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:53 am

RocketsDWM wrote:
RocketsDWM wrote:Thats the sad thing - they should be role models. Kids look up to them and model their lives after them. Sports is all about social responsibility, being part of the community and giving back. By all accounts, Pujols does these things. Some players dont.


Are you saying that giving to charity automatically makes you a nice person? That's hogwash. I know plenty of people that give to charity that are complete A-holes.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 4567
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 14 Nov 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Northern Virginia

Postby joemorgan » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:57 am

Albert Pujols just isnt hitting the ball right now and not being his normal self. Thats what the problem appears to be at this moment.
joemorgan
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 159
(Past Year: -1)
Joined: 20 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jbauer2485 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:07 pm

joemorgan wrote:Albert Pujols just isnt hitting the ball right now and not being his normal self. Thats what the problem appears to be at this moment.


He better start hitting, I was so close to picking Arod with my number 1 pick this year.
jbauer2485
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1561
(Past Year: -8)
Joined: 17 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is Albert Pujols' problem?

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:59 pm

GotowarMissAgnes wrote:
sportsaddict wrote:No, this is not a venting thread because I am worried about his production, mind you. :-)

This is my frustration for Albert Pujols being a Class A jerk the past few seasons. What is his problem? He is acting arrogant, self-centered, and basically like a complete a-hole. I read this quote in the recap from today's game and was just appalled.

"He got in trouble like normally, you know, he always gets in trouble, and finds a lucky pitch to make to get out of trouble, you know," Cardinals start Albert Pujols said of Marquis, who is slated to get a World Series ring when the Cubs visit St. Louis next week.



I like the way you ignored the rest of Pujols' comments:

"Obviously, that was the case," Pujols said. "He mixed it up pretty good today. He threw a lot of changeups. ... He was keeping the ball down and that's why he was successful."

Reporters get paid to create controversy, because that sells papers. Before you jump on a player's case for something a reporter says they said, you ought to consider the case. Looks to me like the first quote is taken out of context.


Go back to my original post. I mentioned that he said that comment later.
"Oh, that Lankford and McGee, the trio of 'em. They're a one-man wrecking crew."

-Mike Shannon
sportsaddict
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1937
(Past Year: -24)
Joined: 2 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The good old Midwest

Postby hersch223 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:01 pm

Some guy took him first overall in my league. He didn't notice that "nice guy" was category. Sucker............... ;-7
hersch223
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 264
(Past Year: -4)
Joined: 14 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests