Giambi

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

pappymojo
T-Ball Trainer

Giambi

Post by pappymojo »

Giambi: I'm sorry.

Everyone: What are you sorry for?

Giambi: Sorry, I can't say.

Everyone: Huh? Did you do something wrong?

Giambi: No.

Everyone: What are you apologizing for?

Everyone: What?

Yankee Fan Boys: See, he took it like a man.

Everyone Else: What? He never admitted anything.

josebach
T-Ball Trainer

Post by josebach »

Jason Giambi wrote:"I know the fans might want more, but at this present time because of all the legal matters, I can't get into specifics," he said. "Someday, hopefully, I will be able to."................

Geez, it seems pretty obvious to me that Giambi was apologizing for using steroids. If this isn't true, what exactly was he apologizing for?

I guess some people need it spelled out for them.

BTW, I'm not a Yankees fan. :-b
jbauer2485
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: 12 team Yahoo H2H

8x8 Stats:
R, H, HR, RBI, SB, K, AVG, OPS
W, L, SV, BB, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP

C - Estrada
1b - Konerko
2b - Utley
3b - DeRosa
SS - Jeter
IF - Lugo
LF - Holliday
CF - V Wells
RF - Vlad
OF - Crawford
Util - J Rivera
BN - Cantu

SP - Sheets
SP - Sabathia
SP - Capuano
RP - Wagner
RP - Soriano
P - Farnsworth
P - Wheeler
P - C. Young
BN - E. Santana
BN - J. Johnson
BN - Lackey
DL - Speier

Post by jbauer2485 »

Isn't this really old news? Like 3 years ago at least?
pappymojo
T-Ball Trainer

Post by pappymojo »

I was trying to reply to a different post.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=275774

I don't need people to spell things out for me. I also think that it's blantantly obvious that Giambi took steroids (I think that he is still taking steroids). Sorry to call you a fan boy. I just don't understand how apologizing for something that you are unwilling to admit doing in the first place is in any way manly.

Strikes me as very self serving and weak. I don't see anything honorable about his pseudo apology.
rich101682
T-Ball Trainer

Post by rich101682 »

Now I'm not one to jump to a Yankee's defense, but he did say something about legal matters, and I believe this was happening around the time of the Grand Jury testimony he had. I'm no law student, but maybe for some legal reason, he couldn't come out and say "I took steroids". Maybe because the court proceedings were still going on?
Deuce
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Post by Deuce »

jbauer2485 wrote:Isn't this really old news? Like 3 years ago at least?

No, still active. The Grand Jury started over. Witch hunt continues. No worries for Giambi, they're not after him.
samadams
T-Ball Trainer

Post by samadams »

I do not understand how you are unable to see the difference between how Giambi and Bonds have handled the situation.

Giambi apologized and Bonds acted like a jerk. Although you may not want to believe it, everyone knows what Giambi was apologizing for. The only reason he did not say it was because of legal reasons.

Giambi apologized to his employer, his teammates, and the fans. Bonds continues to deny doing anything wrong, which is insulting. Does he think we are not smart enough to know what is going on and what he was/is doing?

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”