Return to Baseball Leftovers

Are the A's hiding something about Harden?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Are the A's hiding something about Harden?

Postby kemper5 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:19 pm

We all know he's injury prone, but are the A's covering up just how injured his shoulder is now. It went from he's scheduled to pitch Tuesday & Sun to Geren then saying "Im not putting him on the DL" to He's on the DL. And then Halsey exposes the A's for them trying to force him to pitch through an injury and called them out. The A's tried to keep that under covers but Halsey came out and ripped them.. Something ain't right here fellas. Are the A's trying to cover things up?
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MotorCityKitties » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:49 pm

It's an interesting thought, but Harden was placed retroactively back to April 16, meaning he's eligible to come off the DL next Tuesday. So he's really not missing more than a week.
MotorCityKitties
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:02 pm

The A's and Harden screwed a lot of people last year also with his elbow injury. Everyone said he was fine and he was coming back soon but he wound up pitching 46 IP all year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby fbc_fan » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:02 pm

with it being a retroactive DL trip, i'd assume that they're just being cautious with harden, considering his history. resting him for a week may keep him off the DL in the future, i hope. :-o

also, halsey should think before he runs his mouth. i mean, i'd pitch dallas braden too if i'd seen halsey's work. he stinks.
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:06 pm

Damnit I almost traded him a few days ago. Hopefully he comes back strong and I'll have another chance to trade him before he goes down for good.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Return to Baseball Leftovers