Are the A's hiding something about Harden?

Sleepers, updates, strategy, advice ... if it doesn't fit one of the more specialized categories, it goes right here! (Note: Please do NOT post trade, keeper or 'rate my team' questions - they have separate forums.)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

kemper5
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No
Roster Information: C Towles
1st Berkman
2nd F. Sanchez
SS Renteria
3rd Aram
OF Holliday
OF J. Hamilton
OF Taveras
OF Hall
OF Melky Cabrera
U AROD
U Prince
U Helton

P Smoltz
P Lackey
P Pedro
P Maddux
P Street
P Broxton
P Betancourt
P Bell
P Okajima

Are the A's hiding something about Harden?

Post by kemper5 »

We all know he's injury prone, but are the A's covering up just how injured his shoulder is now. It went from he's scheduled to pitch Tuesday & Sun to Geren then saying "Im not putting him on the DL" to He's on the DL. And then Halsey exposes the A's for them trying to force him to pitch through an injury and called them out. The A's tried to keep that under covers but Halsey came out and ripped them.. Something ain't right here fellas. Are the A's trying to cover things up?
MotorCityKitties
T-Ball Trainer

Post by MotorCityKitties »

It's an interesting thought, but Harden was placed retroactively back to April 16, meaning he's eligible to come off the DL next Tuesday. So he's really not missing more than a week.
Yoda
T-Ball Trainer

Post by Yoda »

The A's and Harden screwed a lot of people last year also with his elbow injury. Everyone said he was fine and he was coming back soon but he wound up pitching 46 IP all year.
fbc_fan
T-Ball Trainer
Roster Information: yahoo, h2h, standard 5x5, 10 team

c: martin
1b: pujols
2b: kinsler
3b: mcab
ss: reyes
of: holliday
of: abreu
of: swisher
util: fielder
bn: bonds

sp: bonderman
sp: harden
rp: ray
rp: fuentes
p: torres
p: gagne
p: al reyes
bn: hamels
bn: capuano
bn: bush
bn: greinke
dl: escobar

Post by fbc_fan »

with it being a retroactive DL trip, i'd assume that they're just being cautious with harden, considering his history. resting him for a week may keep him off the DL in the future, i hope. :-o

also, halsey should think before he runs his mouth. i mean, i'd pitch dallas braden too if i'd seen halsey's work. he stinks.
teddy ballgame
T-Ball Trainer
Beginner: No

Post by teddy ballgame »

Damnit I almost traded him a few days ago. Hopefully he comes back strong and I'll have another chance to trade him before he goes down for good.

Return to “Baseball Leftovers”