Return to Baseball Leftovers

by the time hughes gets added his 1st game will be over

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

by the time hughes gets added his 1st game will be over

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:17 pm

pretty sure hes not on the WW yet, will prob take a day or 2 until they put him on and then waiting a day or 2 for the waiver to go through. hes pitching on thurs so this is making me pretty mad. am i right or does anyone have anymore info on him being added to the list?
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:18 pm

I've always known to be that they aren't added until they actually play. I'm guessing he won't even be added til Friday then you have waiver priority.....
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby rong » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:20 pm

he was just added go check
rong
College Coach
College Coach

Re: by the time hughes gets added his 1st game will be over

Postby teddy ballgame » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:20 pm

sadlyajetsfan wrote:pretty sure hes not on the WW yet, will prob take a day or 2 until they put him on and then waiting a day or 2 for the waiver to go through. hes pitching on thurs so this is making me pretty mad. am i right or does anyone have anymore info on him being added to the list?

It's rare they get added before they play mid season. Sometimes it even takes until they've started 2 games.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -350)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:21 pm

Yeah, no matter what happens, the boxscore is going to be out there for the world to see before he clears waivers in 99% of yahoo leagues. I like what Andy Behrens had to say about it:

Just so you know, I don't control the waiver process or the player pool in your league. If you ask me when Hughes is going to be added, I'm going to lie to you. You'll get a response like the one I just sent to some dude in Baltimore named Ethan:

"Hughes will be added Wednesday at precisely 3:51 a.m. ET. Make sure you're awake and refreshing your browser constantly."

Latest Yahoo Rotoarcade

http://fantasysports.yahoo.com/analysis/news?slug=ab-rotoarcade_042407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns&league=fantasy/mlb

Regardless, you're probably going to have a pretty high priority to get him, unless his first start isn't so hot.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 86)

Postby rong » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:21 pm

he was added 5 minutes before this thread was posted :-b
rong
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers