Return to Baseball Leftovers

can you veto a trade 4 times?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

can you veto a trade 4 times?

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:36 am

i had a pending deal with an owner where i get crawford and lackey and give up manny and myers. its lopsided but he has no power and a ton of speed. after tonights little 4-4 run with a GS by crawford and 0-4 performance by manny he vetos his OWN trade. he claims he did it 4 times so itll get vetoed but i dont understand how can do it 4 times, i was thinking 3 people had to of been in it with them.
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
P-Hamels,Nolasco,W.Rodriguez,Garza,Wagner,Aardsma
BN-Span,Slowey,Liriano,E.Santana,Gregg, Pelfrey, Street
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: can you veto a trade 4 times?

Postby thedude » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:39 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:i had a pending deal with an owner where i get crawford and lackey and give up manny and myers. its lopsided but he has no power and a ton of speed. after tonights little 4-4 run with a GS by crawford and 0-4 performance by manny he vetos his OWN trade. he claims he did it 4 times so itll get vetoed but i dont understand how can do it 4 times, i was thinking 3 people had to of been in it with them.

4 people have to veto a trade for it not to go through. One person cannot veto it 4 times. The only thing he could do to stop the trade would be to release Lackey or Crawford (or put them on the DL which isn't an option).
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:40 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:i had a pending deal with an owner where i get crawford and lackey and give up manny and myers. its lopsided but he has no power and a ton of speed. after tonights little 4-4 run with a GS by crawford and 0-4 performance by manny he vetos his OWN trade. he claims he did it 4 times so itll get vetoed but i dont understand how can do it 4 times, i was thinking 3 people had to of been in it with them.

get out of this league is all I can tell you, and no his veto only counts once.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 51)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:42 am

then im unleashing all hell on this league. the pending time isnt time to rethink a deal, once its accepted deal done imo and just knowing 3 other owners thought it was fair to do this to me is pretty messed up. it may be harsh but i told them that anything i thought was a bit unfair i would put a veto in for as well as have another one of my friends veto it. the deal doesnt make or break me its just the principle of it that really gets me. anyway to find out who vetoed?
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:49 am

DVauthrin wrote:

im not getting out because its a money league with friends and my only league this season. i really hope theres a way to find out who vetoed because i want to get them back as childish as it is but if i cant the league goes down by my wrath
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wrveres » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:52 am

Nice.
Remind me to never invite you to a league.
If you don't get your way, your going to take the league down?

*noted*
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: -313)

Postby DVauthrin » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:53 am

sadlyajetsfan wrote:
DVauthrin wrote:

im not getting out because its a money league with friends and my only league this season. i really hope theres a way to find out who vetoed because i want to get them back as childish as it is but if i cant the league goes down by my wrath

damn, your friends are playing dirty. i'm not sure i'd do a league with them next year however. I don't recommend killing every deal though.
hook em horns, go stros
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 51)

Postby sadlyajetsfan » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 am

wrveres wrote:Nice.
Remind me to never invite you to a league.
If you don't get your way, your going to take the league down?

*noted*

you think its fair to accept a deal then veto it right before it goes through? lets say someone gets injured during a pending deal, even if i was getting the injured player i wouldnt veto it because its fair sportsmanship. i will stoop to their level because they dont want me to have "too good" of a team. i dont see how its a legit veto in anyway. obviously im not going to take the league down, thats alittle harsh and came out wrong but i will veto trades i dont like instead of letting them slide anymore. also its 4 vetos to get a deal vetoed so i cant do it alone but there wont be any bs trades going through like there were. they threatend a veto for lugo for f.cordero pre season so this isnt the first time ive had to deal with this

edit- i am cool and collected now. i had an outburst but not AS angry and i overreacted a bit. i have no intension to carry out what i said i would do because it is childish and it would go against what i believe in. im just suprised it happend considering we are in a pretty serious league
10 team,H2H,5x5
C-Montero
1B-A.Gonzalez
2B-Utley
3B-Longoria
SS-Reyes
1B/3B-Morneau
2b/SS-K.Jonhson
OF-J.Upton,CarGo,Pierre
UTL-Rasmus
DL-B. Anderson
sadlyajetsfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby josebach » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:31 am

Manny and Myers for Crawford and Lackey is pretty ridiculous right now considering Myers is pithcing in middle relief. I personally would probably let the trade go through, but I certainly wouldnt' blame other league members for vetoing it. As far as the guy vetoing his own trade goes... kind of weak, I agree, but it's not against the rules. Considering the trade was so bad, you can't really blame him for realising it and changing his mind, can you? That move could have killed his whole season.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ramble2 » Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:33 am

This is one reason why I prefer to play for no (or very low) stakes when I play with friends. Money often complicates things.
"The game has a cleanness. If you do a good job, the numbers say so. You don't have to ask anyone or play politics. You don't have to wait for the reviews." - Sandy Koufax
ramble2
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -6)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers