Return to Baseball Leftovers

Suggestion for the Yahoo! guys

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Bwanna » Thu May 24, 2007 5:19 pm

Rounders wrote:
Bwanna wrote:
AdvRider wrote:1) Make Full Standings available from every page. (Used to be this way, and last year it was made available from the League page only. Same with FB, BB & hockey. Makes no sense).

This little script should 'Standings' as the last link in the secondary navigation on every page, for baseball leagues anyway...
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/9443

Do you have any scripts in your bag of tricks that will force Pujols, and ARod to my team?

Yes, but they'll cost you. Send $99.95 via PayPal account for the 'Add ARod To My Team' script. But, I'm running a special on the 'Add Pujols to My Team' script... only $49.95 for a limited time only (until he starts mashing homers anyway).
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeInnovative MemberWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Suggestion for the Yahoo! guys

Postby Bwanna » Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:32 pm

Suggestion:

Include innings pitched and at-bats in the prominent stats up at the top for pitchers and hitters, respectively. For more obscure players, the stats displayed don't mean a lot without knowing the number of IP or AB.

Example:
Last edited by Bwanna on Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[reg season/playoffs]
LFoD '08 [1st/3rd], '10 [1st/3rd], '11 [1st/2nd], '12 [1st/1st], '13, [1st/2nd], '14, [1st/1st]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Ryno23 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:57 pm

Suggestion: get StatTracker to add fractional innings pitched correctly.

6.0 + 1.0 + 2.1 + 4.1 + 6.0 does not equal 19.9 (which is treated as 22.0 for the ERA and WHIP calculations).
Ryno23
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:58 pm

Ryno23 wrote:Suggestion: get StatTracker to add fractional innings pitched correctly.

6.0 + 1.0 + 2.1 + 4.1 + 6.0 does not equal 19.9 (which is treated as 22.0 for the ERA and WHIP calculations).

Hmm. So I'm quite confident it usually works right. Especially since your post, I've been keeping a close eye on it, and never seen it wrong. So if there is a problem, it is going to be tough to reproduce, I fear.

So the first clarification: the stat totals are only for your starters. You know that, right? I had convinced myself last night that my totals were wrong, and then realized I was including a player who was on my bench. I doubt that is the problem, but that would be an easy fix ;-)

Assuming not, if you see it wrong again, please e-mail me a screenshot of your incorrect StatTracker, along with your league info (the URL to your league home would do just fine), and what time you observed the problem (along with time zone to be clear). You can e-mail the info to:
mailto:fantasy_sports_genie@yahoo.com

If there is a hard to reproduce bug out there, we'd love to track it down and get it fixed for you.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 23)

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:38 am

Another good suggestion, displaying all the rosters at once.

Also, man I love that little player popup that ESPN displays when you click on a player. Sooo much more convenient than having to bring up a separate page.
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby great gretzky » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Here is something I would LOVE:

The ability to see stats for the season based on position, not player. So for example, I would like to be able to easily tell the agregate total of all second basemen who have played for me. I always wonder if getting cute with start/sit leaves me short, or if some of my platoon ideas really pan out.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -7)

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:39 pm

Another suggestion:

I always pay for live stats on Yahoo, and I really like being able to see live stats for not only my players but players on my watch list.

What I would LOVE to be able to do is see live stats for free agents. A very cool option would be to show live stats for the top performers of the day, i.e., have the players with their live stats ranked accorded to their current day live stats. Does that make sense?
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Lofunzo » Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:46 pm

Why don't you guys see if Yahoo can arrange to have dinner cooked and your laundry picked up as well?? :D
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:33 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Why don't you guys see if Yahoo can arrange to have dinner cooked and your laundry picked up as well?? :D

Ha! ;D

I also would love a customisable icon. ESPN has them . Having the dress up man doesn't really make sense.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby Bwanna » Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:54 pm

Lofunzo wrote:Why don't you guys see if Yahoo can arrange to have dinner cooked and your laundry picked up as well?? :D

I hadn't thought of asking, but if that's a service they might include, sounds like a great suggestion. Way to think outside the box. :? ;D
[reg season/playoffs]
BRAL '09 2nd, '10 1st
Bwanna
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers