Page 1 of 4

Derrek Lee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:09 pm
by aardvarks
Does anyone else think that Derrek could hit
40 hr's in the friendly confines of Wrigley.

Plus his usual 15-20 sb's

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:26 pm
by Los Angeles Cubs
I hope so......

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:28 pm
by GotowarMissAgnes
It's a possibility. Wrigley gives about a 30-40% boost in HRs per game compared to Florida. Take Derrek's usual 30 and multiply by 1.35 and you get 40.

Re: Derrek Lee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:29 pm
by trevisc
aardvarks wrote:Does anyone else think that Derrek could hit
40 hr's in the friendly confines of Wrigley.

Plus his usual 15-20 sb's



most definitely. I'm counting on him to hit at least 40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 10:30 pm
by kentx12
I would say 35 to 40 but not over.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:35 pm
by BigLebowski
I'd say high 30's but I don't see him getting more than 10-12 stolen bases. Dusty don't like to run.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:42 pm
by trevisc
BigLebowski wrote:I'd say high 30's but I don't see him getting more than 10-12 stolen bases. Dusty don't like to run.


I think 15 is the max

not bad for a big guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:52 pm
by bell
BigLebowski wrote:I'd say high 30's but I don't see him getting more than 10-12 stolen bases. Dusty don't like to run.

Yeah, I see Lee's stolen base numbers dropping this year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 11:53 pm
by trevisc
tool069c wrote:
GotowarMissAgnes wrote:It's a possibility. Wrigley gives about a 30-40% boost in HRs per game compared to Florida. Take Derrek's usual 30 and multiply by 1.35 and you get 40.


Well...you'de have to take his road homers and leave them about the same...so maybe 33-35 homers and only 10 steals I think...


Some Info:

Lee hit 11 homers in 77 games at home last year and
20 homers in 78 games away.

I think he's got a legit shot at 40+