Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pulled a Rizzuto on me?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pulled a Rizzuto on me?

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:38 pm

Now, I don't post here very often, but just skim across the boards, rather. I'm watching the Yankees/Tigers game on Fox, and I would assume Tim McCarver (sp?) is one of the announcers, and the other announcer goes:

"Hey Tim! Thought I lost ya! Thought you pulled a Rizzuto on me!" or something along those lines.

Isn't this a bit, unethical? Ironic, as well, since it was the the Yankees game. But wouldn't you think announcers would have a little bit more respect and morality than that? I don't know, just figured I'd post it. But did anyone else hear this?
Beautiful, Beautiful Family Guy

Lois: You're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.
Bravos of Steel
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pulled a Rizzuto on me?

Postby Xtreemes » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:49 pm

He didn't mean he thought he died like Phil, he thought he left after the 6th inning. Here's a quote from Rizzuto's wikipedia page:

"In later years, Rizzuto would announce the first six innings of Yankee games; the TV director would sometimes puckishly show a shot of the bridge (which can be seen from the top of Yankee Stadium) after Rizzuto had departed."
Xtreemes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pulled a Rizzuto on me?

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:53 pm

Xtreemes wrote:He didn't mean he thought he died like Phil, he thought he left after the 6th inning. Here's a quote from Rizzuto's wikipedia page:

"In later years, Rizzuto would announce the first six innings of Yankee games; the TV director would sometimes puckishly show a shot of the bridge (which can be seen from the top of Yankee Stadium) after Rizzuto had departed."

ahh, That would explain it. Thanks for the clarification ;-D
Beautiful, Beautiful Family Guy

Lois: You're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.
Bravos of Steel
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Baseball Leftovers