85%
Troy Tulowitzki
14%
Hunter Pence
1%

Total votes : 81

Re: NL ROTY

Postby J35J » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:53 pm

mrkrab2003 wrote:you are throwing out these crazy stats that you dont even know what they mean!! Come on now. Bottom line is tulo wont win roy or the gold glove this yr..He will be an ok player for the rockies in the future, nothing special.

:-°

I'm not saying Tulo will win the ROY by any means but Tulo is ALREADY better than an "ok" player for the Rockies and he's got the potential to "approach" Miguel Tejada land.....potential too.

Your the guy with man love for Hamilton....ahhh...I remember. The only thing that comes out of your mouth is Hamilton is the best rookie of his class.....Hamilton is better than Beckett and Sheets.....Hamilton is...blah blah blah.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who's annoyed by your recent posts the last few days. Please bring more than Hamilton is god and Tulo is "nothing special". Thats all i've ever gotten from any of your posts....its getting old.

...I'll go back to my hole now... :-) !+)
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spacehamster01 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:40 am

Is it just me or is Tim Lincecum not even mentioned at all in this thread? I didn't know ROTY was limited to batters only.
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -14)

Postby Yoda » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:08 am

It will be Braun and the voting will not be close unless Tulo goes on a tear. As it stands, I would rank Lincecum over Tulo pretty easily as well.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby os_gamejunkie » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:13 am

spacehamster01 wrote:Is it just me or is Tim Lincecum not even mentioned at all in this thread? I didn't know ROTY was limited to batters only.

I agree. If Lincecum wins a few more starts, I think he's have chance. Unfortunately, you can't take away Braun's numbers. Braun gets my vote, but Lincecum has had a tougher road to take.
os_gamejunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -11)

Postby mak1277 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:40 am

acsguitar wrote:Yes they say Braun will win it but notice they say Tulo is the most complete player.

"Most complete" doesn't exactly mean "best". I agree completely that Tulo is the more complete player between he and Braun...you'd have to be a complete lunkhead not to see that. I also believe that Braun is the more valuable player over the long term.

I'm not completely sold on everything that is done at Baseball Prospectus, but their numbers are at least good to generate some conversation. Looking at the valuations for each of these guys over the next 5 years:

Tulo
Peak WARP - 19.2
SuperVORP (Which includes defense) - 59.1
"Upside" - 60.7

Braun
Peak WARP - 19.1
SuperVORP - 91
"Upside" - 94

Quite a disparity there. Now keep in mind these projections were all effectively done pre-season. Tulo's performance this year is roughly around the 75th percentile PECOTA projections, whereas Braun's is at or above his 90th percentile. Based on that, I think it's safe to say the future projections for Braun are probably going to be even farther ahead of Tulo's when taking this year into account.

All that said, I'd love to have either on my team.
mak1277
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

Postby brewcrew4you » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:23 pm

Chris Young is making a push, just hit hrs #27 and 28. If he could drag that average up over the last month...
brewcrew4you
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby rjforlife » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:44 pm

All I will say is that it should be an exciting final month, and the vote is going to end up a hell of a lot closer than people think. Just another thing to follow in September, the best sports month of the year. ;-D ;-D
Goldy is King.
rjforlife
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 247)

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:19 pm

FRAA (Fielding Runs Above Average)

Tulowitzki 17
Reyes 13
Rollins 10
Omar 3
Braun -16
Pence 0

BRAA (Batting Runs Above Average)

Braun 29
Tulowitzki 9
Pence 15

Braun = +13
Tulowitzki = +26
Pence +15

I can see the case for Troy if voters give defense credit. Lincecum was +8 in PRAA. Because Troy has more time in then both, he looks good right now.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby masterpinky0509 » Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:28 pm

Ouch, I didn't realize Braun's defense sucked that much.
masterpinky0509
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers