Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Leyland the worse manager in baseball in terms of stratag

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is Leyland the worse manager in baseball in terms of stratag

Postby dillpickle » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:04 pm

What do you know. Perez batting third again? Ugh… If Perez is so good and worthy of batting third multiple times, why wasn’t he called up when Monroe was sent packing instead of Maybin? Just seems Polanco or Maybin could lead off and Granderson can bat third. Sizemore bats third for Cleveland sometimes. Wouldn’t be that much to ask. Just seem with Maybin being called up first, at one point they thought he was better then Perez. Now all of a sudden Perez gets up and is put in the three spot with Maybin hitting 8th. A lot of contradiction going on in D-town. Starting to get the opinion the organization isn’t on the same page.
dillpickle
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Surfs up » Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:19 pm

Perez is 2-4 with and rbi and Maybin is 1-3
Surfs up
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 718)

Postby dillpickle » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:25 pm

I don't make my opinion based on results. I make them based on logic. I could care less if Perez was 4-4 with four HR's and Maybin was 0-4. My comment was made based on where they are batting in the lineup and when each was called up. The third hitter is much more important then the eighth (in theory anyway). If Perez is so worthy of that spot, why wasn't he called up when Monroe was designated? Neither Perez or Maybin has done anything to earn the third spot in the order with Sheff out (until maybe today). Just seemed, based on prior moves (specifically Maybin being called up first), he would get the first shot at the higher spot in the batting order. Just inconsistant is all.
dillpickle
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Ender » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:49 am

Ned Yost is the worst manager in baseball and its not even close. The guy puts the team in a losing position at least once a week. Whether its putting in september callups with the game on the line or using Mench against a righty while a righty killer like Jenkins is on the bench, he is just horrible.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby rookies and cream » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:24 am

Ned Yost is a terrible manager. I'll also throw out Bochy's name as he doesn't seem to know how to manage a bullpen. Though, I understand SF's bullpen is thin, it's pretty obvious who should be pitching in late innings.
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby blankman » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:48 am

Joe Torre.

In game, he's an awful manager. His bullpen moves are downright horrible. I can't imagine anyone worse on that front.

Every once in awhile, he decides to lose the game before it even starts by sitting Abreu, Posada, Giambi and Damon all on the same day.

He gave up against Santana. I believe he may have also sat Cano or Matsui in that game. Sure Santana is a lefty but running out the likes of Cairo, Nieves and another scrub or two against a great pitcher doesn't really give you much chance of winning.
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -211)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers