3)Hanley
4)Reyes
5)Utley
6)Howard
7)Johan
8)Wright
9)Holliday
10)Sizemore/Fielder

top 10 that i would rank. every1 has been saying isizemore is somewhat overtaed but i think hell hit 30 homers nxt yr.
sandman042
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who is next years #1 Draft pick??

Postby Rounders » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:15 am

sandman042 wrote:1)Arod
2)Pujols
3)Hanley
4)Reyes
5)Utley
6)Howard
7)Johan
8)Wright
9)Holliday
10)Sizemore/Fielder

top 10 that i would rank. every1 has been saying isizemore is somewhat overtaed but i think hell hit 30 homers nxt yr.

If I didn't have one of the top 2 picks, I wouldn't mind the wheel pick at all.
Rounders
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -4)

Postby rookies and cream » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:25 am

1)Arod
2)Pujols
3)Hanley
4)Reyes
5)Utley
6)Howard
7)Johan
8)Wright
9)Holliday
10)Sizemore/Fielder

Looks about right, but I'd put MCab in there above Sizemore/Fielder and perhaps Holliday
rookies and cream
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -160)

Postby chadlincoln » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:31 am

A-rod
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -23)

Postby Grounded Polo » Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:40 am

KCollins1304 wrote:I think it's shaping up to be similar to last year in that if you don't get the first or second pick, you are better off picking towards the end of the first round.

This year it was just the first pick then the rest was interchangeable because Arod was going at around the 5th or 6th pick, which was pretty laughable. I found it silly how people were taking Reyes, Soriano, and Santana before ARod. I took Arod whenever I could, he was always #2 on my draft board, got him in two leagues with the 3rd and 5th picks. Next year it should be 1A and 1B. HanRam is great but the sustainability of a .340 average must always be considered doubtful.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -12)

Postby Jimbo OZ » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:05 am

I hope I get the 2 pick next year - it will make the decision easy. Arod and Pujols will be the consensus top 2. I think A-Rod will go 1 but you can't really lose either way.

It will be interesting to see if the Cards are decent buyers in the offseason. If so, Pujols value will increase to challenge A-rod for # 1.
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby KCollins1304 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:40 am

Snakes Gould wrote:a few comments....
howard definitely should not be going in the top 5-10. he is on pace to break dunn's strikeout record AND he missed a month of a season. he had one hot stretch that brought his average up to around .250-.260 which i thought was great and would go upward to .280-.290. it hasnt. he's been looking bad at the plate for the most part. i could see an argument for late 1st round, early 2nd round, but 5th would be a reach in my opinion.

He's hitting .270 now, and has hit .292 since the all-star break. After his injury, he has hit .280, .323, and .263 in June, July, and August. I don't think many people expected him to sustain the .313 he had last year. Personally, I just wanted him to hit .280 this season. He has 35 hr in 113 games played, I think he'll still get to 45 hr this year. His strikeouts are astronomical though :-° All in all other than being injured early in the year, he has delivered on the hype from last year, I would take him from around 7-12th pick.
KCollins1304
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -50)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:36 pm

To the guy who said Maggs in their top 5...um what? No way he's a top 5 pick next year, I don't even pick him first round next year, not a question in my mind.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -101)
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers