Return to Baseball Leftovers

Players you will NEVER draft again

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Players you will NEVER draft again

Postby yossarian » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:32 pm

Soriano
Crawford (good, but not worth the 1st round pick I think I'd have to spend to get him again)
and of course
Harden
yossarian
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Madison wrote:I'll draft anyone if the price is right or the draft pick is late enough. B-)

Most likely will never own though:

Dunn
Sexson
A. Jones

I'll still take a chance on Harden. Although he'll probably be going earlier then I'll want to take him. I've been burned by him too much to take him early.

When I saw the thread, first thing I thought was Andruw Jones. I drafted him in a dynasty league this year and I'm still kicking my self for it. Unless those type of players fall far, which they don't usually do, I doubt I'll get them again.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -31)

Postby OREO fan » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:42 pm

Jason Bay. What a disappointment.
OREO fan
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -8)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:43 pm

OREO fan wrote:Jason Bay. What a disappointment.

I'm not sure I'd agree with never drafting him, since he will drop pretty far in a bunch of drafts that it might be worth taking the chance.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -101)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Cow » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:54 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:
Madison wrote:I'll draft anyone if the price is right or the draft pick is late enough. B-)

Most likely will never own though:

Dunn
Sexson
A. Jones

I'll still take a chance on Harden. Although he'll probably be going earlier then I'll want to take him. I've been burned by him too much to take him early.

When I saw the thread, first thing I thought was Andruw Jones. I drafted him in a dynasty league this year and I'm still kicking my self for it. Unless those type of players fall far, which they don't usually do, I doubt I'll get them again.

I was all set to take Harden EVERYTHING I read said he was looking good this Spring and he deinitely dominated during the Spring, but luckily someone picked him 3 picks before me, instead I took C.C., cha-ching. Harden, Wood and Prior all the same.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby Bloody Sox » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:24 pm

sgnilloccaz wrote:Dan Uggla (2B, Florida Marlins)
Uggla has the HRs and Runs, but it seems as though he strikes out everyother at-bat.

You forgot about RBIs. Among 2B, he's 1st in MLB in HRs and runs, and 3rd in RBIs. You don't that outweighs Ks, which only apply to a fraction of leagues? Granted, the batting average stings a bit, but I'll gladly take that tradeoff, especially when you can get him in the 7th-8th round of most drafts. He's extremely underrated.

I'll never draft Jeter. Most overrated player in baseball, fantasy or otherwise.
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AussieDodger » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:20 pm

Todd Helton and David Bush.

They will both probably go undrafted in '08 in most leagues. !+)
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby os_gamejunkie » Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:41 pm

Juan Pierre - I paid big time for his steals. Took me a couple months to catch in RBI categories.
Carlos Zambrano - Never owned him. Might be a post-hype sleeper, but hit walk rate scares me off.
Ben Sheets - Never will play a full season. Also, K-rate is steadily decreasing.
AJ Burnett - DL, DL....DL
Adam Dunn - Can't stomach the BA.
os_gamejunkie
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -11)

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:00 pm

I don't think there is anybody that I will NEVER draft again. There are a few guys that I usually don't have on my team because they go earlier then my rankings say they should. I hardly ever draft Dunn or Pedro because they go sooner then I think they should.
raiders_umpire

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -786)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers