General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 506)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby mweir145 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:57 pm

This is my post from the Ankiel thread:

Another player on PED's story today, this time it's Troy Glaus: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/b ... index.html

I was just thinking about who on the Jays was the most likely guy to have taken PED's in their career the other day. I came down to Zaun, Glaus, Thomas and Reed Johnson in my head. Funny that one of them turned out to be true only a few days later after thinking about it. Although, for all we know, a majority of them have, and still are using something.

Glaus is still a fairly prominent player today, so this will be pretty big news for awhile, and will probably last longer than the Gary Matthews Jr. story did (I was just reminded about this last week, I had completely forgotten). Although eventually it will probably just die away, just like the Clemens/Pettitte/Tejada/B.Roberts thing did last year. Really...the only current player that evokes true anger out of people as a result of his rumored drug use is still Barry Bonds.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:04 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:wow this is going to be never ending now. i wish they would just :-X i mean at this point everyone seems guilty until proven innocent anyway, no? but for the most part, i dont think anyone will care.

Fair enough, but me being a Pirate Fan, from way back, (Bonds Era) (and still am) and with all the local Toronto Media, FAN590 (Bob McCown) bashing Bonds like there is no tomorrow, not even aknowlodging his achievements, I wonder how they will react, to this......being one of there own players, will they turn a blind eye to it, IF SO, then they (fans and/or media) are all hypocrites.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Postby BUCCOFAN » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:05 pm

mweir145 wrote:This is my post from the Ankiel thread:

Another player on PED's story today, this time it's Troy Glaus: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/b ... index.html

I was just thinking about who on the Jays was the most likely guy to have taken PED's in their career the other day. I came down to Zaun, Glaus, Thomas and Reed Johnson in my head. Funny that one of them turned out to be true only a few days later after thinking about it. Although, for all we know, a majority of them have, and still are using something.

Glaus is still a fairly prominent player today, so this will be pretty big news for awhile, and will probably last longer than the Gary Matthews Jr. story did (I was just reminded about this last week, I had completely forgotten). Although eventually it will probably just die away, just like the Clemens/Pettitte/Tejada/B.Roberts thing did last year. Really...the only current player that evokes true anger out of people as a result of his rumored drug use is still Barry Bonds.

Sorry, mweir145 didn't know it was posted in the other thread of Ankiel (morning news) If I double posted, sorry Mods for that.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:08 pm

bah this is stupid. everyone's gonna forget about it. i don't even remember what happened with gary matthews jr.; did he admit it and apologize? well i don't give a sh*t anyways.

the whole retro-incrimination is non-sense. so because there's no way to test for HGH, they gotta go hunting for names from way back when when nobody even cared about HGH? this is simply media sensationalism at work, nothing more than an attempt to create artificial scandals and controversies.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

Postby mweir145 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:12 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:
mweir145 wrote:This is my post from the Ankiel thread:

Sorry, mweir145 didn't know it was posted in the other thread of Ankiel (morning news) If I double posted, sorry Mods for that.

No, that's fine. I probably should have made a thread for it, Glaus is a more prominent player than Ankiel.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:14 pm

BUCCOFAN wrote:
Snakes Gould wrote:wow this is going to be never ending now. i wish they would just :-X i mean at this point everyone seems guilty until proven innocent anyway, no? but for the most part, i dont think anyone will care.

Fair enough, but me being a Pirate Fan, from way back, (Bonds Era) (and still am) and with all the local Toronto Media, FAN590 (Bob McCown) bashing Bonds like there is no tomorrow, not even aknowlodging his achievements, I wonder how they will react, to this......being one of there own players, will they turn a blind eye to it, IF SO, then they (fans and/or media) are all hypocrites.

There's no doubt that there will be severe backlash for awhile, but with the exception of Bonds, these things eventually just go away it seems.

*Edit: I meant severe backlash amongst the Toronto media, specifically McCown on his talk show, because I doubt many in the US will care at all whether Troy Glaus used PED's 3-4 years ago.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye

Postby masterpinky0509 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:30 pm

Well, this does explain both his prodigious power numbers and equally prodigious injury history.
masterpinky0509
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Yoda » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:39 pm

masterpinky0509 wrote:Well, this does explain both his prodigious power numbers and equally prodigious injury history.

I hope that was sarcasm
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers