Return to Baseball Leftovers

Source: Glaus received steroids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby Madison » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:36 pm

mweir145 wrote:
BUCCOFAN wrote:Sorry, mweir145 didn't know it was posted in the other thread of Ankiel (morning news) If I double posted, sorry Mods for that.

No, that's fine. I probably should have made a thread for it, Glaus is a more prominent player than Ankiel.

No worries guys, two different players, two different threads, no biggie at all. :-)

Glaus is a relatively big name. The whole investigation of Signature Pharmacy has been quite astounding with what all they are turning up. Something like 14 wrestlers, several MLB players, and a few people from other sports. I wonder just how many they wind up with when it's all said and done. :-?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -5140)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dclark0699 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:45 pm

I consider myself an avid baseball fan, and feel like I speak for a good portion of people when I say....

I DO NOT CARE who took steriods, HGH, or uses a butt plug in their spare time. It makes no difference to me what so ever. I still enjoy watching and following the game. All they are doing is dragging down the professional athlete now. They are digging up records from before the use of HGH was banned. Why would they even care? My opinion is that because a lot of sportswriters and baseball writers are failed athletes themselves. So why not ruin somebody else's career?

For those people who like the purity of the records set by people who did not use the stuff....take the records and make a whole new set of books for the "Modern Era of Baseball" and start in in 1980 or so. The game has changed so much anyway between the size of the ballparks, balls, mound height, strikezone, humidors etc...that the steorids aren't the only thing effecting the numbers these days.
dclark0699
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -11)

Postby acsguitar » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:08 pm

Glaus took steroids no way!! Next thing you are gonna tell me Brett Boone took them too!
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
(Past Year: -117)

Postby Ursa » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:23 pm

He's out for the season now per Yahoo:

Sep 12 Jordan Bastian, of BlueJays.MLB.com, reports Toronto Blue Jays 3B Troy Glaus (foot) will have season-ending surgery on his left foot early next week. Glaus will have nerve decompression surgery performed by Dr. Phillip Kwong and should be ready to participate in spring training for the 2008 season.
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby JTWood » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:23 pm

Pretty convenient, eh?
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -255)

Postby Ursa » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:12 am

JTWood wrote:Pretty convenient, eh?

I must admit that did cross my mind...... ;-)
Ursa
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:27 am

Really...the only current player that evokes true anger out of people as a result of his rumored drug use is still Barry Bonds.

It's been a few months since I chimed in so I will say it again.......If those guys were breaking the most prestigious records in sports, people would care about them as well.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:44 am

JTWood wrote:Pretty convenient, eh?

He's been playing hurt all season. It was about time they took him out of the games. Let him heal up for next year, and allow some of the younger guys to play.

Why they haven't done this yet with Vernon Wells...who's playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder, I'm not sure.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:58 am

Lofunzo wrote:
Really...the only current player that evokes true anger out of people as a result of his rumored drug use is still Barry Bonds.

It's been a few months since I chimed in so I will say it again.......If those guys were breaking the most prestigious records in sports, people would care about them as well.

Does that make what I said any less true? The evidence is right here in this thread. Troy Glaus is still a fairly big name in baseball, a former WS MVP, yet nobody cares at all. He probably won't even be booed by opposing fans next year, people will have completely forgotten about this. Rick Ankiel? Sure, he might anger some who were enjoying his season, but I saw attempts at defending what he did from people who usually express hate about Bonds. Jay Gibbons? Did anybody even put a thread up when he had a story written about him the other day? In general, people don't seem to really care anymore, who knows if they really did in the first place?

So really, Bonds is hated because he's the best of all the guys that took steroids. And as we've discussed before Lofunzo, that's an incredibly hypocritical kind of hate.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:02 am

mweir145 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:

Does that make what I said any less true? The evidence is right here in this thread. Troy Glaus is still a fairly big name in baseball, a former WS MVP, yet nobody cares at all. He probably won't even be booed by opposing fans next year, people will have completely forgotten about this. Rick Ankiel? Sure, he might anger some who were enjoying his season, but I saw attempts at defending what he did from people who usually express hate about Bonds. Jay Gibbons? Did anybody even put a thread up when he had a story written about him the other day? In general, people don't seem to really care anymore, who knows if they really did in the first place?

So really, Bonds is hated because he's the best of all the guys that took steroids. And as we've discussed before Lofunzo, that's an incredibly hypocritical kind of hate.

And, as we've "discussed" before, that hate is somewhat perceived. People that don't have parades for him are apparently haters. You even said that Glaus is a fairly big name. Bonds is the big name. Of course, people will care about him more.

I really don't remember. Why exactly is it that you feel that Bonds is hated??
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers