Return to Baseball Leftovers

Source: Glaus received steroids

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:08 am

Lofunzo wrote:And, as we've "discussed" before, that hate is somewhat perceived. People that don't have parades for him are apparently haters. You even said that Glaus is a fairly big name. Bonds is the big name. Of course, people will care about him more.
I really don't remember. Why exactly is it that you feel that Bonds is hated??

The enormous Bonds threads full of hate over the last few years weren't enough to prove that to you?
All you have to do is take one look at kentx's posts...I mean what exactly would you call those? You also better believe there's a ton of people just like him. That's enough to remind me of the hate that is abundant in this country for Barry Bonds.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:16 am

mweir145 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:And, as we've "discussed" before, that hate is somewhat perceived. People that don't have parades for him are apparently haters. You even said that Glaus is a fairly big name. Bonds is the big name. Of course, people will care about him more.
I really don't remember. Why exactly is it that you feel that Bonds is hated??

The enormous Bonds threads full of hate over the last few years weren't enough to prove that to you?
All you have to do is take one look at kentx's posts...I mean what exactly would you call those? You also better believe there's a ton of people just like him. That's enough to remind me of the hate that is abundant in this country for Barry Bonds.


I have yet to see an answer. Why is Bonds hated in your opinion?? Bringing Kent and the "enormous threads" into the equation don't answer a thing. Why is he hated??
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:26 am

Lofunzo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:And, as we've "discussed" before, that hate is somewhat perceived. People that don't have parades for him are apparently haters. You even said that Glaus is a fairly big name. Bonds is the big name. Of course, people will care about him more.
I really don't remember. Why exactly is it that you feel that Bonds is hated??

The enormous Bonds threads full of hate over the last few years weren't enough to prove that to you?
All you have to do is take one look at kentx's posts...I mean what exactly would you call those? You also better believe there's a ton of people just like him. That's enough to remind me of the hate that is abundant in this country for Barry Bonds.


I have yet to see an answer. Why is Bonds hated in your opinion?? Bringing Kent and the "enormous threads" into the equation don't answer a thing. Why is he hated??

Ah, I misinterpreted the question.

Why is he hated, you say? Didn't I already say why in the post you responded to originally?
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:32 am

Let's get down the bottomline, Lofunzo. What are you trying to prove? That people hate Bonds because he's the best of them all and breaking records? I don't think I or anybody else has ever refuted statement, we've merely commented on the hypocritical nature of that fact.

If that's all you are here to say, then I'm not sure what we're disagreeing about.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby JTWood » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:10 am

mweir145 wrote:Why they haven't done this yet with Vernon Wells...who's playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder, I'm not sure.

He hasn't been busted for steroids yet. :-D
Image
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Posts: 11253
(Past Year: -255)
Joined: 22 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Unincorporated Heaven

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:14 pm

mweir145 wrote:Let's get down the bottomline, Lofunzo. What are you trying to prove? That people hate Bonds because he's the best of them all and breaking records? I don't think I or anybody else has ever refuted statement, we've merely commented on the hypocritical nature of that fact.

If that's all you are here to say, then I'm not sure what we're disagreeing about.


Not really. I am saying that people care, not hate, because he is breaking records. There seem to be 2 camps in some people's minds. Those that love Bonds and those that hate him. At least in certain minds. I don't see that, though. It makes no sense to me. Why is it so black and white?? I don't love or hate the man but I care more about what he is doing because he is breaking records. I don't hate the man. It seems that those of us that question what he does or has done get labeled as haters and that is ignorant to me.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23082
(Past Year: -616)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:51 pm

Lofunzo wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Let's get down the bottomline, Lofunzo. What are you trying to prove? That people hate Bonds because he's the best of them all and breaking records? I don't think I or anybody else has ever refuted statement, we've merely commented on the hypocritical nature of that fact.

If that's all you are here to say, then I'm not sure what we're disagreeing about.


Not really. I am saying that people care, not hate, because he is breaking records. There seem to be 2 camps in some people's minds. Those that love Bonds and those that hate him. At least in certain minds. I don't see that, though. It makes no sense to me. Why is it so black and white?? I don't love or hate the man but I care more about what he is doing because he is breaking records. I don't hate the man. It seems that those of us that question what he does or has done get labeled as haters and that is ignorant to me.

I've shown you evidence of the hate. There are threads upon threads over the history of this board, filled with terrible comments about him, comments hoping for an injury, some hoping for him to be jailed, and some even hoping for death. If that doesn't tell you the level of hate there is for this guy, when compared to the many other baseball players who have been named by somebody over the years (Clemens, Pettitte, Tejada, Gibbons, Roberts, Gibbons, Palmeiro, IRod, Matthews Jr, Glaus, etc...) I'm not sure what will.

I'm not saying there are only 2 camps (several people who took part in the arguments about Bonds over the last few years couldn't simply be considered "lovers" or "haters," obviously), or it's that black and white, just that people do hate the guy, and they are hypocrites for doing so. But the hypocrisy isn't limited there. The fact that you also care more about what he did because he is better than everyone else and breaking those records is also hypocritical, as I've told you before, regardless of whether you actually "hate" him or not.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Source: Glaus received steroids

Postby mweir145 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:53 pm

JTWood wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Why they haven't done this yet with Vernon Wells...who's playing with a torn labrum in his shoulder, I'm not sure.

He hasn't been busted for steroids yet. :-D

Hopefully that will happen soon, then, because I don't think I can take watching his OBP dropping past .300 over the next few days. I'd much rather see Adam Lind playing for the duration of the season then a hurting Vernon Wells.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16464
(Past Year: -320)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron