Return to Baseball Leftovers

What is the earliest we know if Bonds is playing?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is the earliest we know if Bonds is playing?

Postby Jimbo OZ » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:27 am

OK I am in a bit of an unusual circumstance. Basically, I live on the other side of the world - 10 hours in front of the US. Therefore, when the games are being played at night over there it is daytime the next day here in Australia. It also means that when lineup cards are posted I am at work.

The killer is that my workplace blocks the login page for Yahoo so I can't make changes to my lineup as close to game time as you guys might be able to in the US.

So, the Bonds problem arises. In the playoffs I can't afford to have him occupying a spot on my roster if he is riding the pine. Basically, I need to set my roster for the day by about 5:00pm ET (7:00am my time).

Is there a reliable way of knowing if Bonds is playing each day by this time?
Jimbo OZ
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is the earliest we know if Bonds is playing?

Postby abrunn11 » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:26 am

Jimbo OZ wrote:OK I am in a bit of an unusual circumstance. Basically, I live on the other side of the world - 10 hours in front of the US. Therefore, when the games are being played at night over there it is daytime the next day here in Australia. It also means that when lineup cards are posted I am at work.

The killer is that my workplace blocks the login page for Yahoo so I can't make changes to my lineup as close to game time as you guys might be able to in the US.

So, the Bonds problem arises. In the playoffs I can't afford to have him occupying a spot on my roster if he is riding the pine. Basically, I need to set my roster for the day by about 5:00pm ET (7:00am my time).

Is there a reliable way of knowing if Bonds is playing each day by this time?

Have someone you trust change your lineup for you. There are enough good people in here that someone would be happy to keep an eye on Bonds' status and make the change for you. Ask around
abrunn11
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -27)

Re: What is the earliest we know if Bonds is playing?

Postby Deuce » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:18 am

Bonds general routine is to not play a in a day game after playing the night before. As an example, if he plays in the Friday night game, he will not play in a Saturday day game. However, he may play in a Saturday night game and take off the Sunday (travel day) game.
Hope that helps.
The glass is neither half full nor half empty... It is simply a glass
Deuce
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baseball Leftovers