Who would you draft higher in next year's draft

Jake Peavy
20%
Johan Santana
80%

Total votes : 35

Re: 2008: Peavy or Santana

Postby Melo255 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:06 pm

Yoda wrote:Santana... what he brings to the table is consistency. Until he starts faltering, I would go with him but Peavy is really closing the gap fast.

Exactly. It's getting really close but Santana's consistency still gives him the edge.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:22 am

Yoda wrote:What I would like to see is how many people drafted Santana in the first round in 06 are:
1. happy with him
2. winning with him

I drafted him 3rd or 4th overall in a Cafeholics league this year. It's Roto 5x5 and last I saw yesterday I was in 4th only like 4-5 pts out of first. The top 4 teams have been jumping around the standings so much its still anyones league to win. If I didn't collapse and fail to fix my SB problem early on (of which I am dead last in) I would be sitting pretty right now. But its hard to overcome 1 pt in any one category in ROTO.

Anyway, I haven't seen the standings as of today yet so I'm not sure where everyone stands today....I can't log into my yahoo leagues here at work... grrrr! :-C

Am I happy with the pick?......I guess so....it all depends on who you can get in the next few rounds to make up for the lack of a top offensive player in the first round and I did that pretty well so I guess I don't mind the pick. Now lets hope I can gain a few more points and take back my lead I had midway through the season!!
Last edited by J35J on Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby jfg » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:10 pm

I didn't write that post....
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -127)

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:25 pm

jfg wrote:I didn't write that post....

You're right, i fixed it....sorry about that. I was deleting alot of quotes out of that response and must have missed some.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby buckwild13 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:01 am

i just want to point out that there is a good chance, santana may get traded to someone, sometime next year. who knows where that could be, or how he handles change. i prefer santana but if drafting a pitcher that early i want to make sure he does well all year and id like to know where he is pitching.
buckwild13
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -5)

Postby The Cow » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:59 am

I take Santana because I think he is less of an injury risk than Peavy. I have heard too much about Peavy's bad mechanics, etc. As far as talent goes I would also take Santana based on his consistency.

The Cow
Give Snakes his due!!!! Snakes deserves the fantasy expert icon!!! Go Snakes!!!!
The Cow
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -6)

Postby Yoda » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:48 am

buckwild13 wrote:i just want to point out that there is a good chance, santana may get traded to someone, sometime next year. who knows where that could be, or how he handles change. i prefer santana but if drafting a pitcher that early i want to make sure he does well all year and id like to know where he is pitching.

Santana has a full no trade clause which kicked in with his 2006 Cy award. So the only way he can get traded is if opts not to head to free agency. I think he will want to test the market.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby buckwild13 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:00 am

Yoda wrote:
buckwild13 wrote:i just want to point out that there is a good chance, santana may get traded to someone, sometime next year. who knows where that could be, or how he handles change. i prefer santana but if drafting a pitcher that early i want to make sure he does well all year and id like to know where he is pitching.

Santana has a full no trade clause which kicked in with his 2006 Cy award. So the only way he can get traded is if opts not to head to free agency. I think he will want to test the market.

thanks for that bit of info, i did not know, all i know is the media likes to talk about it.
buckwild13
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -5)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers