Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soria

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soria

Postby Wheelhouse » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:15 pm

where does everyone see soria ranking amongst closers going into next year? how many saves would ya project? has their been any word from KC regarding his role next year - i suppose the possibility exists that he could end up going back to starting.........thoughts? any feedback appreciated
Wheelhouse
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Soria

Postby Oatsdad » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:24 am

I know this: I sure wouldn't invest a draft pick on him. He might be productive next year, but given the team for which he pitches, he's not gonna be a hot commodity. I'd wait and see if he gets the gig and how he does...
Oatsdad
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -7)

Postby J35J » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:29 am

We'll predicting saves will be hard because there is probably a 60% chance that he starts the year in the rotation....which I hope he does! I see him very similar to Bannister with a few more K's.

With that said there really hasn't been any word yet on where he'll end up for sure.....time will tell.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -42)

Postby djxskillz » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:37 am

i would use one of my later draft picks on him
djxskillz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby ocicat » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:38 pm

Whether he starts or closes, I'll take him with a late round pick, the kid's got talent. But he's far from a sure thing. Even in his current situation, closing and in good form, he's on one of the lower tiers of closers... so not worth an early pick. I see his ceiling next year around 30-35 SV with similar ERA, WHIP, and K to this year. Which would be nice, but it's far from a sure thing.

As a starter... who knows. Like I said the kid can throw, but I sure wouldn't pick him in anything but the last couple of rounds, as a high-risk high-reward type of guy.
ocicat
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers