Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arod-Soriano-update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby grammysboy » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:40 pm

Ron Badger wrote:If the A-Rod for Soriano and Contreras deal goes through, then the Yanks should then look to L.A. to get a pitcher to replace Contreras. The Dogers are desperate for another bat, so the Yanks could trade odd man out B.Williams to L.A. for either Ishii or Jose Lima.

This sounds feasible, considering the Dodgers have been trying to ship Odalis Perez all winter. Could he end up in pinstripes?
grammysboy
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -108)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:14 pm

according to espn news the deal has been agreed to in principal with a few details yet to be ironed out. they expect it to be finalized a few days. it will be soriano and a minor league pitcher for a-rod.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -292)

Postby Mercer Boy » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:16 pm

Leave it to the Yankees to find a way to have two unbelieveable players like A-Rod and Jeter on their team and playing on the field together...wonder what they will do at 2B...I can't imagine they would want to use Luis Soho out there ;-7
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -250)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ron Badger » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:20 pm

If this does happen, it will be hillarious, because nobody saw this comeing. Also, Texas has a better hitters park than N.Y., so does A-Rod, or Soriano benefit more from the fantasy aspect if this trade does happen?
Ron Badger Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby phatjagz14 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:21 pm

I love all this A-Rod to the Yanks business. When he was going to Boston, no one complained. Everyone just shimmied the HoSox up to numero uno on the power rankings. Now that he might go to the evil Yankees, a lot of people are against the deal getting done and doubt it will ever happen. Either way here's hoping A-Rod doesn't play in any pickup basketball games. B-)
It's like I've died and gone to heaven......but then they realized that it wasn't my time, so they sent me to a brewery.
phatjagz14
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -3)

Postby tlef316 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:26 pm

it just flashed on the bottom of the screen on ESPN that the deal is done in principle. A-Rod for soriano and a minor league pitcher. if this is the actual deal it would make my month. getting A-rod without giving up a major league rady starter. if its done, big ;-D ;-D for cashman. This makes up for letting pettite walk IMO
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Hans » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:28 pm

I assume this trade will help A-rod's value by far with their lineup and his new position. But does anyone think that by moving to a less hitting friendly park and the pressure of New York could decrease his stats? Just putting it out there...
Hans

Friendliness: %

Postby Ron Badger » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:38 pm

This trade will also make Eric Young's fantasy value go up, because he will be Texas new starting SS.
Ron Badger Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Purple Haze » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:40 pm

What position would Soriano play in Texas? 2nd, SS???

Will this effect Soriano?
Purple Haze
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -23)

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:41 pm

Ron Badger wrote:This trade will also make Eric Young's fantasy value go up, because he will be Texas new starting SS.

Michael Young would move to Short, Soriano at 2B.

Eric Young will still be a utility guy.

Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers