Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arod-Soriano-update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Ron Badger » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:41 pm

Also, I think that Texas will leave M.Young a 2B, and place Soriano in the outfield in place of either L.Nix or K.Mench.
Ron Badger Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:43 pm

Ron Badger wrote:Also, I think that Texas will leave M.Young a 2B, and place Soriano in the outfield in place of either L.Nix or K.Mench.

It's possible. I think Ramon Nivar (who'll play CF or 2B) is in their plans as well -- possibly ahead of EY.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:43 pm

Ron Badger wrote:The article that I read from Fanball, said that Cashman offered Soriano, Contreras, and, minor league catcher D.Navarro to the Rangers for A-Rod. Suposedly the Rangers said no.

I doubt this is real. Why would Texas say no? They get a stud in Soriano, a very good arm, and a good c prospect. They also free up millions. I doubt NY offered, and Texas then declined.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Trot Nixon » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:45 pm

The first 200 million dollar team....something has to be done
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:47 pm

Call me crazy but i think the Rangers are getting over in this deal.Soriano in my mind is still a raw talent & is only going to get better.Plus they are dumping 250 million dollars in salary.Now what happens to Michael Young's status at 2nd base?

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:47 pm

Anything and everything Boston accomplished this offseason was entirely offset by this deal. They not only got the best player in the game -- but more importantly did what Boston couldn't and acquired him.

I hate the freaking Yankees and something does have to be done.

Postby guest2 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:48 pm

Anonymous wrote:Call me crazy but i think the Rangers are getting over in this deal.Soriano in my mind is still a raw talent & is only going to get better.Plus they are dumping 250 million dollars in salary.Now what happens to Michael Young's status at 2nd base?

He'll move to SS -- play there in the past. Also subbed in the last innings a couple times for Pay-rod.
guest2

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:48 pm

grammysboy wrote:I don't think the Yanks can consider moving Jeter to 3B, he has to weak an arm

Jeter isn't a good ss, and would be better at 3b.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:49 pm

His arm is his best asset (Jeter)....Arod is far superior in every facet defensively. Jeter would be better off at 3b.

Postby HOOTIE » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:53 pm

This will be a huge blow to Arod in fantasy. If he plays 3b, not ss, he's no longer a top 5 pick. Yankee Stadium is tough on RHB, so leaving the TBIA hurts.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers