Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Guest2 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:05 pm

My Keeper INF is shaping up quite well for 2004 in my 16-teamer:

1B -- Pujols (OF as well)
2B -- Reyes (SS as well)
SS -- Arod (3B as well)
3B -- Blalock
DH -- Helton

I personally boost Arod's value up for 2004, heading to the Yankees.....no matter the park dimensions.
Guest2

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Lt Columbo » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:10 pm

Dude, you must be in a league with some dumb people if you are able to get a team like that. :-o
Lt Columbo

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:11 pm

Lt Columbo wrote:Dude, you must be in a league with some dumb people if you are able to get a team like that. :-o

auction league :o)

My first auction. Safe to say I overspent tons early....and got a bunch of good $1 buys (Reyes/Blalock/Peavy/Zambrano/Harden).

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:12 pm

Hey, what if Jeter played 2b? I hate the yanks, but Jeter (2b), Arod ss, and Lamb 3b, is a lot better than Jeter (ss), Arod (3b Yikes!), and Sojo 2b. Also guys, don't forget about Almonte for 2b.

Postby Lt Columbo » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:14 pm

oh i see, my bad
Lt Columbo

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:16 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hey, what if Jeter played 2b? I hate the yanks, but Jeter (2b), Arod ss, and Lamb 3b, is a lot better than Jeter (ss), Arod (3b Yikes!), and Sojo 2b. Also guys, don't forget about Almonte for 2b.

Sojo/wilson/almonte at 2b would be better than Lamb at 3b. I don't think they'll end up with Sojo at 2B

Postby justinA » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:16 pm

its been reported the deal is for a minor league pitcher, but in sportsline leagues under player news it says News: Newsday is reporting that the Yankees and Rangers have agreed in principle to swap Soriano and a minor-league catcher for Alex Rodriguez Saturday. Rodriguez will play third base in the Bronx.

dioner navarro.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:17 pm

This is an awful deal for New York, IMO. When Arod was going to Boston, people were starting to say that the Yankees and Red Sox were equal in talent and in "buying" ability. If this trade goes through, it simply means that the Yankees are the "Evil" empire again. Who wants to root for a team (outside of New York) that "buys" their best player? And yes, they did buy him. This is not any even talent trade. It is all about money. And, yes I am a Sox fan, and NO!, I didn't want Arod to come to Boston.

BUT, wouldn't it be ironic if the sox can swing a trade for Soriano, and he ends up being the reason the Sox beat the Yanks in the playoffs. Oh well, I can dream!!
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby Budworth22 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:19 pm

U forget, Soriano's OBP. Sox would never trade for him. He doesnt fit their system.
Budworth22
College Coach
College Coach

Location: Tallahassee/ Ft. Myers ST Home of the Sox and Twins

Postby Lofunzo » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:23 pm

justinA wrote:
Lt Columbo wrote:I HATE THE FREAKIN' YANKEES!!!!

I hope another 1 year wonder team comes out of nowhere and denies them the championship again!

Down with the Yankees!!!!

thats what I hope every year and for the past couple it has came true. If Torre doesnt win it this year with Arod, he is definitely gone.

Torre is leaving by the end of this year anyway. I really hope that Jeter goes to 3rd. A-Rod is a better defensive SS right now.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers