Return to Baseball Leftovers

Arod-Soriano-update

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tlef316 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:24 pm

Nomar4prez wrote:This is an awful deal for New York, IMO. When Arod was going to Boston, people were starting to say that the Yankees and Red Sox were equal in talent and in "buying" ability. If this trade goes through, it simply means that the Yankees are the "Evil" empire again. Who wants to root for a team (outside of New York) that "buys" their best player? And yes, they did buy him. This is not any even talent trade. It is all about money. And, yes I am a Sox fan, and NO!, I didn't want Arod to come to Boston.

BUT, wouldn't it be ironic if the sox can swing a trade for Soriano, and he ends up being the reason the Sox beat the Yanks in the playoffs. Oh well, I can dream!!

so manny for A-rod was even talent but A-rod for soriano isnt? that doesnt make much sense. soriano is more talented, less expensive and has a better attitude than manny. to say that the manny deal was better is foolish. how can you possibly say this is a purchase rather than a trade? if it is indeed a done deal we gave up the best 2B in the game with 40/40 potential. if there is any possiblity of a fair deal for A-Rod, its either soriano or pujols.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby djacks » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:30 pm

Everyone is talking about fair trade/not fair trades like the Yankees and Rangers give a crap about fantasy baseball. Soriano is NOT the best 2B...offensively yes...baseball-wise, no. His defense is not very good. Then again, neither is Manny's. This is actually a good trade for both teams. The Yanks get better defensively, the Rangers get rid of ARod's contract, and get a great offensive player in return.
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:32 pm

I never said that the Manny for Arod deal was fair. I never wanted it too happen. Soriano is not the best 2b, either. Fantasy-wise, yes he is, but not overall game. I think we'll see, if this trade happens, how much that Yankee lineup helped his stats.

AND, the Yankees are buying Arod. The Boston swap, was a closer trade in talent and salary combined than this Yankee trade is. I think I heard on ESPNews that the Rangers would be saving 20 MILLION DOLLARS THIS YEAR!!! I don't know the final number that they would save, but it must be close to 100 million dollars total. Thats a swap for money, and money alone. Bad for baseball, bad for Ranger fans, and the worst for Sox fans. Up go season tickets again so we can compete with the Yankees!
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby djacks » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:34 pm

Anyone else get the uneasy feeling that the Yankees will sign Pujols as a free agent next year, and then trade Giambi for Helton, then trade in a year or two trade Sheffield and Bernie for Vladdy...you laugh now...but just wait. At the rate things are going, its like its an unwritten rule that all future hall-of-famers must play in pinstripes.

Another reason to hate the Wankees!!!...They will be the death of baseball... :-P
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby Trot Nixon » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:37 pm

Aaron Boone just keeps screwing us huh? First he hits the game winning homer then he gets injured opening a spot for A-Rod...
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Postby Nomar4prez » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:40 pm

Haha. DAMN YOU AARON BOONE!!! DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!
http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -19)

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:41 pm

Trot Nixon wrote:Aaron Boone just keeps screwing us huh? First he hits the game winning homer then he gets injured opening a spot for A-Rod...

:-D

Haha, good thought

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby GoldenGlove31 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:04 pm

This may sound totally out of leftfield but wouldn't it be smart for the Yankees to trade Jeter. They may be able to get a decent 3rd basemen for the time being and a good 2nd baseman. I know thats unlikely to happen, but its just a thought.
GoldenGlove31
College Coach
College Coach

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:53 pm

Luis Sojo is not on the Yankees roster lol. He is their first base coach this season hah.

Yankees get much better defensively in this deal....Wilson or Cairo will have to start anyways if we didn't have A-Rod...just at third base. This trade is more even in talent than the Manny deal. The Yankees and Rangers benefit from this deal. No reason to believe it is not fair because of that. Trades are made to make each team better. That is what it does. The only losers in this scenario are the Redsox.

BTW....Before Aaron Boone came the the Yankees last season he was playing 2B for the Reds. When he comes back we can just slide him in right there.

I sure am gunna miss Sori tho...he was my favorite player.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

Postby tlef316 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:56 pm

GoldenGlove31 wrote:This may sound totally out of leftfield but wouldn't it be smart for the Yankees to trade Jeter. They may be able to get a decent 3rd basemen for the time being and a good 2nd baseman. I know thats unlikely to happen, but its just a thought.

Jeter is the embodyment of what it means to be a yankee. he isnt going anywhere
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers