Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano

Postby ssjl » Sat Feb 14, 2004 5:55 pm

Will Soriano be a #2 pick in the first round ? Instead of hitting 7th he will probably hit in the middle of the order & Texas is a great hitters park & less pressure in Texas. I think soriano from a fantasy perspective is better off in Texas.
ssjl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ron Badger » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:02 pm

If indeed this trade is pulled off, I think it increases both players value, just because the should be multi-position available players now. A-Rod could be available at SS,3B. Soriano could be available at 2B,SS,OF, or whatever position he plays for Texas(I personally think he will play OF, but just my opinion).
Ron Badger Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby kentx12 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:15 pm

I dont believe it will hurt Soriano at all. He will probably hit in the top of that lineup instead of the bottom of the Yankees lineup.
There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -46)

Postby Pirate of the Carib » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:32 pm

He'll have less run support around him. But it will even out his value because he'll be in the beggining of the order.
Pirate of the Carib
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby djacks » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:53 pm

Soriano could possibly even move into the #3 spot in the order in Texas...that would probably be a better spot for him than leadoff due to his low OBP...
"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."-Ayn Rand
djacks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -9)

Postby whoson1st0 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:58 pm

It is possible that Soriano's numbers could go down in Texas if he doesn't have a lot of protection in the lineup. Pitchers won't give him much to hit and Soriano won't (can't) lay off those pitches.
Personally I see his number remaining steady with a possible decline in runs scored if he hits in the middle of the lineup.

I don't see his draft value changing at all either. And of course Arod is already the #1 pick in most drafts so his value won't change either.
whoson1st0
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Response Team
(Past Year: 52)

Postby GameOn » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:51 pm

I don't know why everyone is saying that the rangers don't have protection in their lineup. Michael young, Hank Blalock, Mark Teixeira, Brad Fullmer, Laynce Nix, and Brian Jordan are in the lineup. Sure it isn't the yanks all star lineup but we aren't talking about th Dodgers here either. Hitting in the top 3 in the ballpark (second only to coors as the best hitters park) and with no pressure, Soriano is golden. I took him today with my 3rd pick once ARod and Pujols were gone. And his SBs numbers shouldn't go down, Showalter will let him run, he wanted to get some speed in the lineup last year.
GameOn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -6)

Postby tlef316 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:53 pm

GameOn wrote:I don't know why everyone is saying that the rangers don't have protection in their lineup. Michael young, Hank Blalock, Mark Teixeira, Brad Fullmer, Laynce Nix, and Brian Jordan are in the lineup. Sure it isn't the yanks all star lineup but we aren't talking about th Dodgers here either. Hitting in the top 3 in the ballpark (second only to coors as the best hitters park) and with no pressure, Soriano is golden. I took him today with my 3rd pick once ARod and Pujols were gone. And his SBs numbers shouldn't go down, Showalter will let him run, he wanted to get some speed in the lineup last year.

soriano's value is just fine. if he hits leadoff, it may be better. he'll hit more HRs in Arlington and i also think buck will let him run. his future value depends on what position he plays in texas and if he can learn to lay off breaking stuff in the dirt
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby BobbyRoberto » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:26 pm

If Soriano hits 3rd, won't his steals likely go down, reducing his value that way?
Roger Angell: I was talking with Bob Gibson and I said: 'Are you always this competitive?' He said: 'Oh, I think so. I got a three-year old daughter, and I've played about 500 games of tic-tac-toe with her and she hasn't beat me yet.'
BobbyRoberto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: -13)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:01 pm

BobbyRoberto wrote:If Soriano hits 3rd, won't his steals likely go down, reducing his value that way?

but wouldn't they have gone down even more batting 7th in the yankee lineup?
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers