Return to Baseball Leftovers

if arod is indeed a yankee

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

will theo go after another big name if arod becomes a yank?

yes
45%
no
55%

Total votes : 22

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:39 pm

kcbelieves wrote:I dont know why people hate George...heck I am a KC fan and love him...I wish every owner were like him....all he cares about is winning- which should be the bottom line, not money/making a profit.

Every owner has millions to spend-----they would just rather make $$$ than win....George loves to win...AT ALL COSTS....man as Yankee player, I would LOVE that.

If only David Glass, who has millions upon millions, would spend some of his money for KC--he has already but not enough to get any player he wants.

I used to hate George (from a "small market" city I saw him as evil personified)....until I understood what he stood for...he doesnt care about spending money, because the bottom line is winning, and if your not playing to win, then why field a team at all?

wow i didn't know a person like this exists. all of you yankee-haters see george as a bully and a cheater. here is a person who sees him for what he really is....a competitor. sure i'm a yankee fan but everyone owner should be like him. thats the mlb's problem. its not george...its lack of people like george. if every owner in the mlb was like steinbrenner then the MLB would be the most competitive union in the world.

thank you kc for a honest and realistic response.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby monster » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:24 pm

ajgdrummer7 wrote:
kcbelieves wrote:I dont know why people hate George...heck I am a KC fan and love him...I wish every owner were like him....all he cares about is winning- which should be the bottom line, not money/making a profit.

Every owner has millions to spend-----they would just rather make $$$ than win....George loves to win...AT ALL COSTS....man as Yankee player, I would LOVE that.

If only David Glass, who has millions upon millions, would spend some of his money for KC--he has already but not enough to get any player he wants.

I used to hate George (from a "small market" city I saw him as evil personified)....until I understood what he stood for...he doesnt care about spending money, because the bottom line is winning, and if your not playing to win, then why field a team at all?

wow i didn't know a person like this exists. all of you yankee-haters see george as a bully and a cheater. here is a person who sees him for what he really is....a competitor. sure i'm a yankee fan but everyone owner should be like him. thats the mlb's problem. its not george...its lack of people like george. if every owner in the mlb was like steinbrenner then the MLB would be the most competitive union in the world.

thank you kc for a honest and realistic response.

i couldn't have put any better then you two did... ;-D
I didn't really say everything I said.
-Yogi Berra
monster
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -11)
Location: i'm in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here...

Postby monster » Sat Feb 14, 2004 11:25 pm

as for Theo's next move...he may persue the nomar/maggs deal if he can add the right guy to get valentin thrown in... !+)
I didn't really say everything I said.
-Yogi Berra
monster
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -11)
Location: i'm in my own little world, but it's OK, they know me here...

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers