Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where can I find good player rankings?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where can I find good player rankings?

Postby AuburnTigers » Sat Feb 14, 2004 7:56 pm

I have several good sources already (the cafe mock drafts, fantistics, sportfanatics.net, and the sporting news(they kinda suck))

Are there any other sites that have player rankings that any of you would suggest?
AuburnTigers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kentx12 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:01 pm

Sportsline and Espn have there rankings up now.
There will come a day when Barry Bonds leaves baseball, and everything about the game will be the better for it.
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -46)

Postby justinA » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:02 am

eftda, are u gunna update ur sig EVERYTIME bonds goes yard?? lol.
The Oreos!
justinA
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby dolphin330 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:20 am

Baseball Notebook. Their stats are more conservative than Fantistics. I compared rankings from both for my league settings.

For a 12 team league, rankings for the first three rounds are pretty close in agreement. After that there were radical differences. In what is normally round 4-5 (37th to 60th ranked players) half of the players ranked by one service differed dramatically from players ranked by the other service.

For example, say player A is ranked 38th by BN. Fan might have the same player ranked 60th. Meanwhile player B is ranked 80th by BN, but 40th by Fan. I actually had 12 of the 24 players for these two rounds ranked 20 to 60 places apart between the two services.

I suppose you could use each service for different leagues using the same stats to find out which one, if either, gave the better results.
dolphin330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:15 am

What about the Cafe rankings? No one has really said if they were good, bad, or ugly. :-o
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby dolphin330 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 4:47 am

Cafe rankings are OK as far as they go, but they don't tell me if the top first baseman is better than the top outfielder or pitcher,etc.
Could we come up with a Cafe ranking of ALL players together, so it could be referred to for an actual drafting order?
dolphin330
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers