Return to Baseball Leftovers

It's Raining in Boston

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:58 am

A GM is a reflection of the team he builds.

Therefore Cashman is the man because his team is the best.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tlef316 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 12:59 am

Dude86 wrote:First of all Theo wasn't the GM of the Red Sox in the mid 90's. And I wasn't arguing better team I was arguing better GM, which Theo obviously is.

again, just tell me what he has done to prove it. He finished in 2nd place last year and failed to bring in A-Rod. im not saying Cashman is God, or even a good GM, but theo has accomplished nothing important, because the sox are in the exact same position they were in a year ago, behind the yankees and crying about it.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Dude86 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:00 am

Cashman is a reflection of George's money and it wasn't Theo that kept Pedro in game 7
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trot Nixon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:01 am

tlef316 wrote:
Dude86 wrote:Maybe if you actually realized there was baseball outside of the Bronx he would see what Epstein has done. Before last season he brought in great players such as Millar and Ortiz for very little money. And throughout the season he acquired bullpen help that was vital to Boston's success. And also with Schilling, Theo personally convinced him to join the Red Sox. Has Cashman ever convinced any free agents to come to NY using any other methods besides George's blank checks. Didn't think so.

all that great work to turn a second place team into.......................

a second place team with a higher payroll. congrats theo ;-D

where were the redsox back in the mid 90's when the yankees werent spending 190 million? o thats right, in second place, right where they belong. enough said.

Seriously how old are you? I'm probably younger than you and from what I'm reading...a WHOLE lot smarter too, the Sox and Rangers were about 20 mil apart...not every team has 20 mil to throw around like it's nothing...grow up

By the way, just came in from Boston...its not raining :-b
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -18)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:04 am

Alright personally it doesn't matter who's GM is better because the GM's aren't the ones on the field. The Yankees have the better team and that's the bottom line.

AND....I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HEARING "WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH GRADY LITTLE BLEW IT WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH HE DIDN'T TAKE OUT PEDRO WAHHH WAHHH WAHHH!!!"

SHUT UP. IF PEDRO WANTED TO PROVE HE IS A HALL OF FAME PITCHER THAT CAN GET THINGS DONE IN THE CLUTCH THEN HE WOULDN'T HAVE BLOWN A 2 RUN LEAD IN A GAME OF THAT MAGNITUDE ESPECIALLY WHEN HIS TEAM HAD ALLLLLL OF THE MOMENTUM.

EVERYBODY IS SICK OF HEARING ABOUT GRADY NOT TAKING PEDRO OUT. IF HE IS THE BEST PITCHER IN THE MLB LIKE YOU ALL SAY THEN HE SURE AS HELL DIDN'T PROVE ANYTHING RIGHT THERE WHEN IT COUNTED THE MOST.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Trot Nixon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:07 am

I really think I'm the minority here when I say I had no problem leaving Pedro in, I would have done the same thing. My dad and all my friends still hate me for saying it but it was the best choice. What would have happened if Timlin gave up the hit? This place would have came down, I like Grady had NO faith in the bullpen even when they were pitching good. So like the saying goes, you live and die with your best
Thanks chipper!!!!

There is such a thing called clutch and David Ortiz is the modern day definition of it
Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ajgnydc722 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:10 am

Trot Nixon wrote:I really think I'm the minority here when I say I had no problem leaving Pedro in, I would have done the same thing. My dad and all my friends still hate me for saying it but it was the best choice. What would have happened if Timlin gave up the hit? This place would have came down, I like Grady had NO faith in the bullpen even when they were pitching good. So like the saying goes, you live and die with your best

I have searched long and hard and finally I have found a Redsox fan that is not whining like a little baby about Grady Little not taking out Pedro. No offense...but you like with your best you die with your best....pedro killed boston right there and there no reason for me believe he won't do it again if the Sox can get back to that point.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby tlef316 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:12 am

Trot Nixon wrote:
tlef316 wrote:
Dude86 wrote:Maybe if you actually realized there was baseball outside of the Bronx he would see what Epstein has done. Before last season he brought in great players such as Millar and Ortiz for very little money. And throughout the season he acquired bullpen help that was vital to Boston's success. And also with Schilling, Theo personally convinced him to join the Red Sox. Has Cashman ever convinced any free agents to come to NY using any other methods besides George's blank checks. Didn't think so.

where were the redsox back in the mid 90's when the yankees werent spending 190 million? o thats right, in second place, right where they belong. enough said.

Seriously how old are you? I'm probably younger than you and from what I'm reading...a WHOLE lot smarter too, the Sox and Rangers were about 20 mil apart...not every team has 20 mil to throw around like it's nothing...grow up

By the way, just came in from Boston...its not raining :-b

how old an i? im 20 years old. are you smarter than me? i dont have the answer for that. but i can do math also. Manny will make only .5 million less than A-Rod this coming year. A-Rod's contract runs longer, but for a major league baseball team that has a solid fan base(which boston clearly does), an average of 5 million a year is not all that much. its less than you guys are paying ramiro mendoza and mike timlin this year. so please dont cry about not being able to take on the money, because that is clearly not correct.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Postby Trot Nixon » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:15 am

Believe me, I HATED Grady through out the season, HATED him, but they fired him for keeping in his best pitcher in the game, not only a game but game 7 with a shaky bullpen to bail him out? If Grady could do it again, I think he still would keep in Pedro and so do I. Even at the time I said keep him in, and the hit he gave up was a blooper or a texas leaguer whatever you wanna call it. I actually feel bad for Grady, he wasn't the one to blame
Thanks chipper!!!!

Trot Nixon
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LBJackal » Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:20 am

tlef316 wrote:

2 teams make the ALCS.....Boston was one of those teams. Considering how much NY spends, how can you call Theo a failure for being 2nd best in the AL to a person who will pay any amount of money to win the World Series? And the Yankees lost the World Series. I'd consider them more of a failure than Boston last season.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers