Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rounds 23+

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rounds 23+

Postby fantasybaseballfan1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:27 am

I'm making a list of guys who I'm trying to target after I have filled out my roster. I play in a mixed league with seven person benches and three-five dl spots (It's still up in the air). These are guys who I expect to be available late in the draft after most sleepers have been picked. My benchmarks are pitchers after Greinke and hitters after Milledge, both whom I love. I use data from ESPN because that's where my league is held.
Pitchers:
Dave Bush
Wandy Rodriguez
Andrew Miller
Andy Sonnanstine
Mike Pelfrey
Hiroki Kuroda
Shawn Hill
Hitters:
Cameron Maybin
Mark Reynolds
Jonny Gomes
Colby Rasmus
Wily Mo Pena
Dioner Navarro
Jason Kubel
Brent Lillibridge
and Felix Pie
fantasybaseballfan1
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rounds 23+

Postby J.C.Fighter » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:46 am

fantasybaseballfan1 wrote:I'm making a list of guys who I'm trying to target after I have filled out my roster. I play in a mixed league with seven person benches and three-five dl spots (It's still up in the air). These are guys who I expect to be available late in the draft after most sleepers have been picked. My benchmarks are pitchers after Greinke and hitters after Milledge, both whom I love. I use data from ESPN because that's where my league is held.
Pitchers:
Dave Bush :-t %-6
Wandy Rodriguez :-?
Andrew Miller :-?
Andy Sonnanstine :-{
Mike Pelfrey :-?
Hiroki Kuroda :-*
Shawn Hill :-?
Hitters:
Cameron Maybin :-?
Mark Reynolds :-?
Jonny Gomes :-? :-o
Colby Rasmus :-o
Wily Mo Pena :-? :-)
Dioner Navarro :-° :-?
Jason Kubel :-? :-)
Brent Lillibridge :-° :-X
and Felix Pie
Last edited by J.C.Fighter on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
J.C.Fighter
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -7)

Postby fantasybaseballfan1 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:44 pm

J.C.Fighter wrote:
fantasybaseballfan1 wrote:I'm making a list of guys who I'm trying to target after I have filled out my roster. I play in a mixed league with seven person benches and three-five dl spots (It's still up in the air). These are guys who I expect to be available late in the draft after most sleepers have been picked. My benchmarks are pitchers after Greinke and hitters after Milledge, both whom I love. I use data from ESPN because that's where my league is held.
Pitchers:
Hitters:
Jason Kubel :-o :-?
and Felix Pie

Lol, sorry but I have no idea what this means except you don't like Bush and Sonnanstine.
fantasybaseballfan1
College Coach
College Coach

Postby BronXBombers51 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:45 pm

fantasybaseballfan1 wrote:
J.C.Fighter wrote:
Pitchers:
Hitters:
Jason Kubel :-o :-?
and Felix Pie

Lol, sorry but I have no idea what this means except you don't like Bush and Sonnanstine.

I don't think he likes any of them, save maybe Pena and Pie. ;-)
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -296)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:50 pm

After the 22nd Round, you're not going to find players you really like anymore. There's some good ones listed here, certainly. I like the possibilities of Willy Mo Pena, Jason Kubel, Dioner Navarro, Felix Pie... also if they are available, I like Nate McLouth, Brian Fuentes, Jon Rauch, Austin Kearns as guys who could help out.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Field » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:46 pm

Wandy isn't a bad option, I have him on my watch list in my 12 teamer. I don't think he's going to break-out, but he does K enough batter to make him valuable and I don't think he'll hurt your ratios either.

I also like Wily Mo, Reynolds, Kubel and Pelfrey from that list.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -20)

Postby Mugrila » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:54 pm

When you get down to your last few picks you can look for Chris Carpenter to stash on the DL. I just got him as the 330th player off the board in one of my Cafe drafts. Geoff Jenkins and Mike Jacobs are some other guys that might be overlooked.
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
(Past Year: -70)

Postby horatio » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:15 pm

I'll give a thumbs up on Kuroda, Mo Pena, Navarro, and I think Mark Reynolds could be worth a look, good call on Nate McLouth as well.

As an A's fan, I may be experiencing a little wishful thinking but you could feasibly get good value late with Duchscherer and Mark Ellis, and even Daric Barton and Travis Buck, I'm targeting Jack Cust late if he's there. If you have a need for middle relievers Santiago Casilla could be intriguing. Gio Gonzales seems to be doing allright in ST, who knows if he gets the job though. If you need a late round catcher you could do worse than Kurt Suzuki. On a side note I wish Billy Beane could work out something to get Marcus Thames and Brandon Inge, the Tigers need bullpen help and Alan Embree might be just what the doctor ordered.

Jair Jurrjens burned me on a spot start last August against the Indians but nobody's talking about him at all, could be a steal. I don't know if Yunel Escobar will last that long but he might and he'd be worth it, same with Felipe Lopez and Yuniesky Betancourt, and if you're really desperate for a late SS you could look at Jack Wilson too. At 2b you might do well with Asdrubal Cabrera (whatever happened to Barfield? I took him last year while B Phillips was still available - sigh).

Chris Duncan is another name that comes to mind, along with Ankiel, Willingham, and with a crazy league where you've got 3 to 5 DL spots you may as well just grab Moises Alou.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -3)

Postby gatorgreenwell » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:11 pm

Adam Miller P Cleveland if your league allows it.
gatorgreenwell
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers