Return to Baseball Leftovers

AROD's Shoulder

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AROD's Shoulder

Postby rotoquest » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:21 am

FROM CBSSPORTSLINE
A-Rod says he has a sore shoulder Updated 3/7/08

Rodriguez, Alex 3B NYY
News: Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez has a sore right shoulder and had to DH Friday against the Astros. He went 1-for-2 with a double. "I certainly wouldn't miss a game during the regular season, or have to DH," Rodriguez said. "But I think right now, it's just being smart." Rodriguez said he felt discomfort Thursday and the shoulder bothers him only when he throws. He took part in all drills Friday except the 10-minute throwing session. At that time, he took extra grounders at third. The three-time AL MVP had a heat pack on the shoulder before going through pregame drills.

Analysis: This is likely minor but any sore shoulder is news for a slugger, especially the No. 1 hitter and player in all of Fantasy Baseball. Bum shoulder's notoriously sap a slugger's power. You can play and swing with a sore shoulder, but you will be nowhere near as strong. Take note of this, but don't downgrade A-Rod for the top spot on your draft board yet

Anyone concerned about this?
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AROD's Shoulder

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:27 am

Nope. Sounds like he's gonna be fine.
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -15)

Re: AROD's Shoulder

Postby thedude » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:32 am

If there the Yankees had any real concerns at this point in spring training he would not be playing.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -397)

Return to Baseball Leftovers