Return to Baseball Leftovers

Where do you draft Kinsler next year?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where do you draft Kinsler next year?

Postby dipset » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:40 am

Ian Kinsler is having a crazy year this year leading the league in 9 categories right now. He was some what hyped before the year and is living up to every bit of it. Last year he showed upside and he is completely showing that last year's first month was not a fluke. He was a pretty big prospect so this is not that unexpected.

He is currently ranked 2nd right now behind berkman in yahoo and i was wondering where people will draft him next year. He is playing like a first rounder doing everything like HR's RBI's Runs Stolen bases Avg hits everything.... What do you think his Average draft slot will be next year?
dipset
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where do you draft Kinsler next year?

Postby Yoda » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:41 am

He has been awesome this year for sure but most likely will be overrated next year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby BJSFAN123 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:52 am

Yoda wrote:He has been awesome this year for sure but most likely will be overrated next year.

Kind of like the Brandon Phillips.
BJSFAN123
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -14)

Postby Yoda » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:04 am

BJSFAN123 wrote:
Yoda wrote:He has been awesome this year for sure but most likely will be overrated next year.

I'd love for Kinsler to keep this up for many years since I have him in both my keeper money leagues. However, he's been pretty streaky in his young career so we'll see.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AussieDodger » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:07 am

At this stage, definitely 2nd round.
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby Field » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:29 am

Kingctb27 wrote:
BJSFAN123 wrote:

Say what you want, but Phillips has been just what I drafted him for... What more do you want?

I think that's kind of what he meant. A lot of people pre-season claimed BP would be a bust based on draft position, but he has produced nicely.

Kinsler will probably go in the same range as Upton/Phillips did last year. I wouldn't touch Kinsler in the 2nd round though. I still prefer Upton by a good deal.
Field
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: -20)

Postby Yoda » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:39 am

Field wrote:I think that's kind of what he meant. A lot of people pre-season claimed BP would be a bust based on draft position, but he has produced nicely.

Kinsler will probably go in the same range as Upton/Phillips did last year. I wouldn't touch Kinsler in the 2nd round though. I still prefer Upton by a good deal.

I expected a bit of a decline for BP and while he's been very good, I don't expect him to go 30/30 again (even though I kept him).

I agree on Kinsler. He is a good player and still has upside in that park/lineup but his injury history is a bit spotty as well. As long as he stays healthy and keeps producing, he may go 1st round next year and I would still prefer Upton over him.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers