Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oakland/Baltimore Sunday 9/7/08

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Oakland/Baltimore Sunday 9/7/08

Postby Patella Tendon » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:11 pm

I am having trouble finding if this game is scheduled or not.

Can anybody confirm this matchup for Sunday?
Patella Tendon
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Oakland/Baltimore Sunday 9/7/08

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:55 pm

It appears there is no Sunday game. They have a doubleheader scheduled for Saturday though. I wonder what the reason is. Anyone know? Maybe the O's just got tired of losing on Sundays. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:08 pm

crap so it's no double header on saturday? i was picking up all these A's and O's players thinking i can catch up on some games played. !+)
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:11 pm

BitterDodgerFan wrote:crap so it's no double header on saturday? i was picking up all these A's and O's players thinking i can catch up on some games played. !+)

:-?

Yeah, DH Saturday, no game Sunday. From what I can tell anyway. Tropical Storm Hannah is supposed to hit the NE sometime this weekend, I wonder if that's why. :-?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stumpak » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:30 pm

Weather reports that I heard said the storm will hit on Sat. Who knows.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: -5)

Postby Mugrila » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Sun., Sept. 7 game will be played as part of a day-night doubleheader on Sat., Sept. 6 at 1:05 p.m.

In an effort to minimize the level of inconvenience for Orioles and Ravens fans, the Orioles have coordinated with Major League Baseball to move their September 7 game against the Oakland Athletics to Saturday, September 6 at 1:05 p.m. The game will be played as part of a day-night doubleheader.

Tickets dated September 7 will be honored for the 1:05 p.m. game on September 6. That day's regularly scheduled game against the A's will begin at 7:05 p.m. and will require separate admission.

To minimize the level of inconvenience... :-?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
(Past Year: -70)

Postby Big Pimpin » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Mugrila wrote:
Sun., Sept. 7 game will be played as part of a day-night doubleheader on Sat., Sept. 6 at 1:05 p.m.

In an effort to minimize the level of inconvenience for Orioles and Ravens fans, the Orioles have coordinated with Major League Baseball to move their September 7 game against the Oakland Athletics to Saturday, September 6 at 1:05 p.m. The game will be played as part of a day-night doubleheader.

Tickets dated September 7 will be honored for the 1:05 p.m. game on September 6. That day's regularly scheduled game against the A's will begin at 7:05 p.m. and will require separate admission.

To minimize the level of inconvenience... :-?

So it's because of the football game? That's wild. :-b Their 7 fans must have called up and said they wanted to go to the football game Sunday and asked if they could move the O's game to Saturday. :-B
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Mugrila » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Doesn't that seem like something that should be coordinated before the season by the MLB/NFL, or at least the city of Baltimore?
Mugrila
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion
(Past Year: -70)

Postby RedSoxNation04 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:38 pm

stumpak wrote:Weather reports that I heard said the storm will hit on Sat. Who knows.

Yeah, looks like East Coast games on Saturday could all be washed out...
RedSoxNation04
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -15)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 pm

would it be smart to just bench all my players for OAK/BAL games this saturday AND sunday if i have other players? it doesn't affect NY or ATL right?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers