Return to Baseball Leftovers

Rafael Soriano

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby BScott2133 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:28 am

Who ever said hes not a set-up man is stupid...he is the M's Set-up man and there backup closer, and who knows how long Guardardo will be out...Soriano will get you low ERA and saves here and there with a low WHIP..
Go Mariners!
BScott2133
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby baseballin storm » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:07 am

In most leagues you have the minimum of four RP's. I don't know who you playing with, but in my league your not gonna get four closers on your team. I try for three save guys and one guy to help in other catagories - WHIP, ERA, K's. Soriano, Marte, Lidge, etc. Soriano helped me win the championship last year. If your in a league where you can get four closers let me know, I'll sign up and take your money.
baseballin storm
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby canibus » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:44 am

baseballin storm wrote:In most leagues you have the minimum of four RP's. I don't know who you playing with, but in my league your not gonna get four closers on your team.

I don't understand... why not? One of my leagues is 8-teams, so there are lots of closers out there.

My 10 team H2H league starts 2SP, 2RP and 3P with a minimum of 11 innings pitched I think.

My 8 team H2H league starts 4 SP, 2 RP, 2 P with a minimum of 15 innings pitched.
canibus Beginner
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:34 pm

baseballin storm wrote:In most leagues you have the minimum of four RP's. I don't know who you playing with, but in my league your not gonna get four closers on your team. I try for three save guys and one guy to help in other catagories - WHIP, ERA, K's. Soriano, Marte, Lidge, etc. Soriano helped me win the championship last year. If your in a league where you can get four closers let me know, I'll sign up and take your money.

Exactly, canibus. There are a lot of variables involved here. It also depends on what type of league you have. In roto, I would take more closers than in H2H.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby hwilensk261 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:42 pm

Wow I started this post. Didn't think it would get this many hits. Soriano must really have talent
hwilensk261
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers