Return to Baseball Leftovers

Just in Sheffield out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yikes » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:00 pm

[quote="AcidRock23"]Ugh!! I'm bumming about this, as I'd picked him up in the THIRD round!! [/quote]

Probably not as bummed as the guy in my league that picked him up at the third pick :-P

No worries, get Mondesi, a historic strong starter as I am told, or Lofton on the waiver wire and you'll be fine for the first two months.
Insert Signature Here...
Yikes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:20 pm

Yikes wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:Ugh!! I'm bumming about this, as I'd picked him up in the THIRD round!!

Probably not as bummed as the guy in my league that picked him up at the third pick :-P

No worries, get Mondesi, a historic strong starter as I am told, or Lofton on the waiver wire and you'll be fine for the first two months.

I'm not actually that worried as I have Garret Anderson (who was not too hot the first couple of months last year...) and Carlos Lee too. Should be OK. I liked Lofton on the Cubs a lot and he might do even better in New York, w/ some guys knocking him around the bases. Thanks though!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)

Postby DJUmperPSU » Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:58 am

ok kids, let's see where the yankees record if shef doesnt start the regular season. then when shef starts we will compare. I like to remember the situations where jason giambi batter .200 for a month yet the yankees still won and won, hmmmmmm... i guess i am a jackass.
DJUmperPSU
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jonnyblack » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:22 am

I don't see how this helps lofton. I saw lofton as getting most, if not all, of the lead off AB's at least in the first half. Without another monster bat to knock him in, it may not hurt him, but i just don't see how it helps him.

I was reluctant to post on this thread, because of all the flaming going on. chill out guys, this is a baseball forum. You want to insult people, go to a yahoo chat room.

Besides the possibility of more AB's (which I beleive Lofton would've gotten anyway in the first half, before the old man breaks down) How does losing a big RBI guy help him?
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby DJUmperPSU » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:30 am

oh by the way, pettite is a terrible pitcher too.... that what i was just told...lol... goodnight all.
DJUmperPSU
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LBJackal » Tue Mar 09, 2004 3:36 am

Yes and apparently Roger Clemens, who had a better ERA, WHIP, and more K's is worse than Pettitte according to you............are you related to Andy? Sounds like it.........

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -178)

Postby SoxFanPJ » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:08 am

I vote for surgery ;-D

Of course now it give them the chance to trade for Beltran, Maggs or any other outfielder they want.
SoxFanPJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers