Return to Baseball Leftovers

New Brewers logo... yuck

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

New Brewers logo... yuck

Postby Trojan Pony » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 am

It took me a long period of staring and scratching my head to realize that the "new" Milwaukee logo is the existing logo with an ugly "wheat" colored picture of Wisconsin behind it. Was that really necessary? It took a boring, non-descript logo and made it boring, non-descript, and ugly. They really need to go back to the mb-glove-ball-yellow-on-blue thing... that's possibly the best logo ever. The new one is a joke.
Trojan Pony
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -125)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: New Brewers logo... yuck

Postby Inukchuk » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:14 am

Yeah, I like the MB glove. Don't worry though. I'm sure it won't be long before they replace the new logo with a picture of Brett Favre.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -13)
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby Old_Style » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:19 am

Inukchuk wrote:Yeah, I like the MB glove. Don't worry though. I'm sure it won't be long before they replace the new logo with a picture of Brett Favre.

:-L
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)

Postby smoovethug » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:18 am

Inukchuk wrote:I'm sure it won't be long before they replace the new logo with a picture of Brett Favre.

John Madden might have a new favorite team.

Hal·la·day, n. 1. every fifth day in Philadelphia. 2. a day of rest for the bullpen. 3. innings eater. 4. doc. 5. ace.
smoovethug
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -271)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:33 am

Trojan Pony wrote:It took me a long period of staring and scratching my head to realize that the "new" Milwaukee logo is the existing logo with an ugly "wheat" colored picture of Wisconsin behind it. Was that really necessary? It took a boring, non-descript logo and made it boring, non-descript, and ugly. They really need to go back to the mb-glove-ball-yellow-on-blue thing... that's possibly the best logo ever. The new one is a joke.

Pics or GTFO.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Scooter1027 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Yeah, the logo is same as ever, just the "M" on the hats. Nothing's changed. There is an "alternate" logo out there that is basically never used that includes the state behind the "M"...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_FdEdvFQfwAU/SOOt9cxwZOI/AAAAAAAAGIc/1TJxfii-Ajc/s400/Brewers.gif

...but that's not the official logo or anything. Basically there's the "M" on the caps, and the official logo is...

http://www.frontrowking.com/images/MIL_1172.gif

I'm probably one of the few, but I prefer the current uniforms to the old ball and glove ones. But I've never really liked the baby blue color prominent on so many old school unis. I prefer the bolder dark blue/gold to the baby blue/light yellow. Now if they wanted to incorporate the old logo into the newer color scheme, I'd be cool with that. I have a hat like that.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: -3)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Where's the logo?
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -616)

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:44 pm

Looks like a big smeared brown stain behind the M. WTF?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Old_Style » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:45 pm

What's so bad about that alternate logo? It's plain and simple; nothing flashy or crazy.
Looks alright to me.
Old_Style
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -218)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers