Return to Baseball Leftovers

A-Rod fantasy concerns?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A-Rod fantasy concerns?

Postby B-Chad » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:10 pm

I see there is at least one monsterous thread about A-Rod using PED's, but I wanted to start a different thread of sorts more fantasy focused. I'm wondering if people are moving A-Rod down a couple pegs in their rankings (namely in keeper leagues) with the news of his using PED's and his continued stupid behavior (namely being spotted with the cousin that injected him coming to mind)? In yearly re-draft leagues I can't imagine it hurts his value too much since it looks like a suspension isn't likely at all, but in keeper leagues, I feel like this news may hamper his value a little bit, or if nothing else, simply serve as a monster headache to owners.

The question comes to mind because an owner in my serious keeper league made me an offer that seems too good to pass up (not looking for advice, but thinking I'm not the only one that's in the same spot). However, though it seems to be too good to pass up, it got me thinking, is taking on A-Rod a bit risky, or am I just overthinking things? Just a little food for thought and would love some input, stories of trade offers others may have received since the news of A-Rod using PED's broke, and just a mix of fantasy related thoughts. Thanks in advance.
Image]
B-Chad
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 127)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A-Rod fantasy concerns?

Postby Yoda » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:15 pm

Not really concerned. He is never hurt and consistently puts up great numbers.

If it isn't about steroids then it is something else with Aroid so I don't think this will affect him as much as people think.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby horatio » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Just think about the season Kobe Bryant had when he was dealing with his legal problems in Colorado. ARod will be fine.
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -3)

Postby soxfan57 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:25 pm

Arod's worst potential season IMO (barring injury) is worthy of a top 6 pick...So I'm not too concerned.
soxfan57
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kemper5 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:11 pm

A 43 HR, 127 RBI, .298 Ave, 18 SB type season concern
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:03 am

Yoda wrote:Not really concerned. He is never hurt and consistently puts up great numbers.

If it isn't about steroids then it is something else with Aroid so I don't think this will affect him as much as people think.

I agree. The only thing that concerns me with him in keeper leagues, is his age, the decline phase. I traded him in my 2 keepers last year.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 495)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Baseball Leftovers