Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Mock Draft Player Placement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Mock Draft Player Placement

Postby Eagle Baseball » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:34 pm

I spent the weekend doing some Yahoo mocks. First off thanks to Yahoo for having these as it is a nice feature.

One thing I did notice. If you take M Cabrera in the first round for example Yahoo will put him at 1B. Which is fine but you drafted him as your 3B. Than in rd 2 you take another 1B like Berkman. Yahoo will put Berkman at Util which is still fine. Than lets say in rd 4-5 you draft Gonzelez or Ortiz. Yahoo will put that player on the bench instead of moving Cabrera to 3B. It is not a huge deal in a live draft as long as you realize what happened. I would be concerned if you were doing an auto-draft and set your rankings trying to get Cabrera as a 3B because of Yahoo filling your entire starting roster before putting players on your bench. Maybe in actual auto-drafts Yahoo moves players around. Not sure if the same thing works with other multiple position players. Just something to consider if you are setting your rankings for an auto-draft.
Eagle Baseball
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo Mock Draft Player Placement

Postby markj11 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 pm

Eagle Baseball wrote:I spent the weekend doing some Yahoo mocks. First off thanks to Yahoo for having these as it is a nice feature.

One thing I did notice. If you take M Cabrera in the first round for example Yahoo will put him at 1B. Which is fine but you drafted him as your 3B. Than in rd 2 you take another 1B like Berkman. Yahoo will put Berkman at Util which is still fine. Than lets say in rd 4-5 you draft Gonzelez or Ortiz. Yahoo will put that player on the bench instead of moving Cabrera to 3B. It is not a huge deal in a live draft as long as you realize what happened. I would be concerned if you were doing an auto-draft and set your rankings trying to get Cabrera as a 3B because of Yahoo filling your entire starting roster before putting players on your bench. Maybe in actual auto-drafts Yahoo moves players around. Not sure if the same thing works with other multiple position players. Just something to consider if you are setting your rankings for an auto-draft.

I can't answer your question but I have been seeing "than" used instead of "then" a lot. It that some new e-language?
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:43 pm

yeah it's a bit annoying, i wish they would let you drag-n-drop where you want to place multi-position eligible guys. if i have a 1B and draft a guy with 1B, 3B then place they guy in 3B, it can't be that hard to implement.
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -36)

Postby Nene » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:26 pm

If I get confused, I usually resort to keeping a notepad file with where I intended to draft the players for.
[b]Founder of the Hilarious Homers League[/b]
Nene Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby DaShiz23 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:09 pm

I do understand the point of your post here, Eagle. This could really screw up auto-draft leagues, and probably has been doing that for awhile. This is primarily why I do not do auto-draft anymore. I used to do one auto per year, but got tired of stupid drafts and missing out on the excitement that comes from drafting.
Especially with the early depth/value at 1B, and the number of players whom are eligible at multiple positions, including 1B, this could pose a problem, and most likely even out teams based on the flaw, more than the 'skill' of pre-ranking players.
I would be interested to see how Yahoo deals with this, if at all.
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 7)

Postby IVIisfits138 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:55 pm

markj11 wrote:
Eagle Baseball wrote:I spent the weekend doing some Yahoo mocks. First off thanks to Yahoo for having these as it is a nice feature.

I can't answer your question but I have been seeing "than" used instead of "then" a lot. It that some new e-language?

Lame.
Do Work
IVIisfits138
College Coach
College Coach

Postby markj11 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:55 am

IVIisfits138 wrote:
markj11 wrote:

Lame.

Kewl.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -10)

Return to Baseball Leftovers