Return to Baseball Leftovers

How can I control pitcher streaming in my league?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How can I control pitcher streaming in my league?

Postby AllThingsUpland » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:43 am

I'm in a Fanball league and there is no option for min/max IP and no way to limit moves. I'm fiddling with our cats. Unfortunately, were 10x10. 5x5 would not be a problem but moving back is not an option. Any ideas?
Check out my Fantasy Baseball Podcast Guide at http://fantasypodcastguide.blogspot.com/
AllThingsUpland
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: How can I control pitcher streaming in my league?

Postby Yoda » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 am

There is no max moves per season? You can add more rate stats K9, BB9, HR9, K/BB, etc but I think you are screwed if you can't make any changes.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby pjalst » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:48 am

One solution might be limiting the amount of P or bench slots . With a limited amout of SP slots players are not going to risk dropping a good pitcher just to get another with a good match up.
pjalst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Curtis Pride » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:52 am

One solution may be moving off Fanball. Every other league format allows you to control it. I can't imagine Fanball would allow that deficiency. It seems like such a basic necessity.

If you can't control moves or innings, then the only thing you can do is add the rate stats.

But then that's going to make middle relievers more valuable.
Curtis Pride
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby jake_harv88 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:05 pm

How many anti-streaming threads can we possibly have... :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P
jake_harv88
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby AllThingsUpland » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:30 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:How many anti-streaming threads can we possibly have... :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

unfortunate answer matches avatar^

Actually, it's more than just streaming. Without a min or max (in fanball), I also have to guard against teams who throw Pappelbon on Monday, get 1 IP, K, 0.00 ERA, 0.00 WHIP, and close up shop for the week hoping to win the avg cats.
Check out my Fantasy Baseball Podcast Guide at http://fantasypodcastguide.blogspot.com/
AllThingsUpland
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MasterX1918 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 pm

jake_harv88 wrote:How many anti-streaming threads can we possibly have... :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P :-P

It's an epidemic, man!
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)

Postby ScrappyDoo » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:05 pm

Along this same line.

I was in an ESPN H2H league last year and they had an option for max innings. Now they seem to have eliminated that option and changed to a max starts per week based on the number of SP you have. Right now with 5 P slots, the maximum starts per week is 7.

My question though is this: Is the 7 start maximum like the IP maximum where if you are below the max on Saturday you can start as many as you want on Sunday. Say I have 6 starts on Saturday so I load up my lineup on Sunday and end the week with 9 starts?
ScrappyDoo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -2)

Postby TheRock » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:16 pm

ScrappyDoo wrote:I was in an ESPN H2H league last year and they had an option for max innings. Now they seem to have eliminated that option and changed to a max starts per week based on the number of SP you have. Right now with 5 P slots, the maximum starts per week is 7.

My question though is this: Is the 7 start maximum like the IP maximum where if you are below the max on Saturday you can start as many as you want on Sunday. Say I have 6 starts on Saturday so I load up my lineup on Sunday and end the week with 9 starts?

Yes. The day you go over you can go as far over as you want.

RE: Fanball. If it doesn't allow any kind of limits at all, I would switch to a different site. Depending on your league setup, surely Yahoo! or ESPN has the features you need.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -15)

Postby CadensDad » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:55 pm

TheRock wrote:
ScrappyDoo wrote:I was in an ESPN H2H league last year and they had an option for max innings. Now they seem to have eliminated that option and changed to a max starts per week based on the number of SP you have. Right now with 5 P slots, the maximum starts per week is 7.

Yes. The day you go over you can go as far over as you want.

RE: Fanball. If it doesn't allow any kind of limits at all, I would switch to a different site. Depending on your league setup, surely Yahoo! or ESPN has the features you need.

I agree, if the site wont allow you to changed basic minor features I'd find another site
“Never argue with a idiot, because first they will bring you down to their level. Then beat you with experience.”
CadensDad
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers