Return to Baseball Leftovers

you know what drives me crazy,??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

you know what drives me crazy,??

Postby tiger spit » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:00 pm

when people place thier worth on where they draft a player.
what i mean is
i just had the 6th pick in a 10 team draft. i drafted mulder in the 10th round. (the people were idiots, prior fell to me in the second. ) my line up is solid here it is
c-liberthal
1b-huff
2b-loretta(working on an up grade here)
3b-blalock
ss-renteria
of-vlad
of-vernon wells
of-g. anderson
ut-tixeira
ut-autin kearns
ut- everett
bn-milton bradley
bn- n. johnson
bn- joe maurer

i though i should add more speed so i went after pierre. he would not give me pierre 4 mulder coz he drafted him in the 8th round, two ahead of mulder. i wasnt even serious w/ the trade just breaking the ice.. just wanted to see idf he'd trade perre and izzy for mulder. he told me he wouldnt even do pierre for mulder. i wish you could test people before they join leagues, would save alot of time and trouble.. sorry had to get this off my chest. :-° [/b]
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikcou » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:04 pm

ya those people are annoying :-t
mikcou
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -63)

Postby tiger spit » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:09 pm

am i crazy but mulder is a top 7 or 8 sp right? man
tiger spit
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

I'm not a pro at fantasy, but....

Postby VitonXL » Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:51 pm

I have Mulder 18th in starting pictures and Pierre 13th in the outfield. You don't want to have to much speed than your only going to win in stolen bases and maybe avg. on your weekly matchups. I'm not a pro.
VitonXL
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby fezzik » Mon Mar 08, 2004 8:02 pm

I have Mulder as the 12th best SP and Pierre as the 22nd best OF (for H2H...Pierre would rank higher if I was playing roto...somewhere around 14th...of course, Mulder's value goes up with CG's as a category)...so ya, the guys probably not too bright...Mulder in the middle rounds is ridiculous....Some guy offered me Sosa and Mussina for Manny and Prior...what's up with that? Prior and Manny were my number 1 and 2 picks respectively...Sosa and Moose were his 2nd and 3rd rounders...I just click reject and make a mental note that dealing with that owner probably won't be too productive. Good luck with future deals.
fezzik
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -3)

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:35 pm

im thinking of starting a cafe only league,, gotta be better.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Re: you know what drives me crazy,??

Postby AcidRock23 » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:33 pm

maloze wrote:when people place thier worth on where they . i wish you could test people before they join leagues, would save alot of time and trouble.. sorry had to get this off my chest. :-° [/b]

I don't know if that's totally the case, that people who oversystematize things are bad to have. They often reveal their stupidity early on and you can smoke them, while teaching them valuable lessons.

I am not really planning on trading a lot before the season starts. There's not really much point in trying to match guys up based on what they did last year and there's still like 3 weeks to fiddle w/ stuff until the numbers even count.

If you have guys who are nuts to trade b/c they are basing it soley on where they DRAFTED somebody, all you have to do is wait until the Marlins play somebody w/ good pitching (maybe Houston during the preseason or perhaps wait until the Phillies the second weekend of the regular season) and his numbers will 'waffle' a bit and then you should be able to pick him up for less than Mulder. Or dump Mulder who will have lost perhaps the first of many 1-0 ball games already!! But make the dude toss in somebody b/c 'I know Mulder's lost a couple, but look at his damn ERA!!'
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -18)

Postby prodpaul » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:41 am

maloze wrote:when people place thier worth on where they draft a player.
what i mean is
i just had the 6th pick in a 10 team draft. i drafted mulder in the 10th round. (the people were idiots, prior fell to me in the second. ) my line up is solid here it is
c-liberthal
1b-huff
2b-loretta(working on an up grade here)
3b-blalock
ss-renteria
of-vlad
of-vernon wells
of-g. anderson
ut-tixeira
ut-autin kearns
ut- everett
bn-milton bradley
bn- n. johnson
bn- joe maurer

i though i should add more speed so i went after pierre. he would not give me pierre 4 mulder coz he drafted him in the 8th round, two ahead of mulder. i wasnt even serious w/ the trade just breaking the ice.. just wanted to see idf he'd trade perre and izzy for mulder. he told me he wouldnt even do pierre for mulder. i wish you could test people before they join leagues, would save alot of time and trouble.. sorry had to get this off my chest. :-° [/b]

Maloze:

Aggree that is quite annoying.

Btw I love the picture of Balboni. That is priceless ;-D
Tetelestai
prodpaul
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: -177)

Postby astimeexpires.com » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:02 am

how can no one bring up the fact that prior fell to the second? Are you playing with a bunch of girls?
http://www.astimeexpires.com
"Making Sports Humor a Possibility"
astimeexpires.com
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)

Postby swarmee » Tue Mar 09, 2004 10:02 am

What annoys me is people that can't (or choose not to) spell properly. ;-)
Another Year, Another Championship. I'm 2 for 2.
swarmee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers