Return to Baseball Leftovers

Crazy trade in my pay league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby dannahann » Tue Mar 09, 2004 11:34 am

Not sure on your league's scoring but there's nothing at all wrong with this deal in most systems?? If trades like THIS are deemed questionable maybe you are in the wrong league 8-o I wouldn't project either hitter for the inflated totals the guy "guarateed" but even still, I like the Kearns side if any is better??
dannahann
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:14 pm

I don't think the trade is terrible. Its funny what is deemed lop-sided now as opposed to the end of the season. Ever go back and look at all the March and April trades in September? Sure hindsight is 20/20 but I guarantee there will still be some deals that you look at and say "What the heck were they thinking?" when they actually looked pretty good at the time.
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -155)

Postby SoxFanPJ » Tue Mar 09, 2004 12:56 pm

Yeah this trade really isn't that bad.

Granted the team with Colon should have been able to get a higher tier OF in return, but it really depends on how you view Colon.

Weight and elbow concerns as well as declining K rate makes Colon an overrated pitcher in my opinion.

I also like Kearns a lot IF he can stay healthy, and H. Matsui while nothing great will be productive becuase of his R and RBI opportunities.

I think the Colon and Guardado side gets the better end of the deal, but its not an outragous deal.
SoxFanPJ
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tlef316 » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:23 pm

this trade is totally fine. i think the matsui stats are certainly exagerated, but i love kearns this year. if you are going to complain about this trade, you might was well play in a no-trade league. worry about your own team, unless a trade is collusion.
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -2)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers