Return to Baseball Leftovers

Don't look now but Zach Duke is on fire.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Don't look now but Zach Duke is on fire.

Postby mcliffy2 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:43 pm

That was an interesting article - I had the #1 luckiest hitter (Branyan) and #1 luckiest pitcher (Duke), I worked out a package and traded these 2 guys for C-Jones and M. Cain, I think I did pretty well selling high, thoughts? (Although admittedly, Cain is buying high too.)
mcliffy2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Sat Jun 06, 2009 2:12 pm

mcliffy - That deal is incredible, you really robbed him.

I have both Branyan and Duke as well, I don't like the fact that Duke is a low K pitcher, but there have been plenty of pitchers in history that have thrived on pitching to contact. He has like 12 starts at this point so the sample size is large enough to call this legitimate. I wouldn't mind shopping Duke if I found a good price, but I am not dying to sell if I don't find a good offer either. The fact that he is 25/26 and was a great prospect back in the day makes me think the pitching coach change was what he needed.
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)

Postby gmq » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:14 pm

Absolutely.

Duke's better than Saunders. They say he can't keep this up because he'd have to keep up the great command. That's his specialty, and he's proven it more than enough to me, the learning curve has been quite normal... He's coming into his own.
gmq
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -3)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers