Return to Baseball Leftovers

Adam Jones Looking Real Good So Far...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Adam Jones Looking Real Good So Far...

Postby MasterX1918 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:45 pm

what makes you think he'll drop off? I think he has the tools and the potential to put up a 30 HR/20 SB/80 RBI season
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Sun May 03, 2009 5:47 pm

fbc_fan wrote:
Yoda wrote:Would be nice if he started running a bit.

wish granted.

he was one of my late round targets this year. ~.400 babip does worry me some, but it is a small sample size.

I wouldn't be worried about that, I mean he is hitting .370 w/ that babip. Not even looking at his babip you should know he won't keep up that type of average year long. If he was hitting just above .300 w/ that type of babip I would think twice, but not right now. He has shown a much better approach this year than last year.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: -28)

Postby hybrid » Sun May 03, 2009 5:51 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:what makes you think he'll drop off? I think he has the tools and the potential to put up a 30 HR/20 SB/80 RBI season

Because he is on pace right now for a pretty impossible season. Basically if he continued this pace he would have around ... 196r 35hr 133rbi 21sb - .371/.436/.652

That's obviously not going to happen...
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby MasterX1918 » Sun May 03, 2009 5:57 pm

hybrid wrote:
MasterX1918 wrote:what makes you think he'll drop off? I think he has the tools and the potential to put up a 30 HR/20 SB/80 RBI season

Because he is on pace right now for a pretty impossible season. Basically if he continued this pace he would have around ... 196r 35hr 133rbi 21sb - .371/.436/.652

That's obviously not going to happen...

All i'm saying is that Adam Jones has the potential to put up great stats. Obviously he's not going to smack in 133 RBI but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he hit around 25-30 homers and stole 20 bags. He has that in him.
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: -9)

Postby hybrid » Sun May 03, 2009 6:01 pm

MasterX1918 wrote:All i'm saying is that Adam Jones has the potential to put up great stats. Obviously he's not going to smack in 133 RBI but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he hit around 25-30 homers and stole 20 bags. He has that in him.

I agree, but you asked why you thought he would drop off. Unless your playing in a 2x2 league, there is no question his stats will drop off.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BigZ38 » Mon May 04, 2009 12:04 am

I drafted him in every league I could and he is making me look like a genius. A bit of a post hype sleeper.

I keep telling people that once he opened his eyes he was able to fulfill his potential (in reference to his yahoo player picture with his eyes shut, which has now been replaced by one with them open)
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Yoda » Mon May 04, 2009 6:54 pm

Jury is still out but that Bedard trade isn't looking very good due to the fact that he only started 15 games last year.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon May 04, 2009 6:56 pm

Yoda wrote:Jury is still out but that Bedard trade isn't looking very good due to the fact that he only started 15 games last year.

Yeah right. I see why you have that jester mask.
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -486)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers