:-)
shpuck
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby emb0lus » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:29 pm

ZAZ wrote: Second, it does cost the team some money to get it so if the injury is obvious, they might forego the time and expense.

the MLB doesn't operate under the same HMOs that you and I do so they actually get many more MRI's than is actually necessary. Compared to the bball players salary, the MRI is a spit in the wind and they would much rather know if there was something more serious going on. When a patient goes to his doctor with a normal x-ray for say, a sore elbow, the patient is usually prescribed rest, NSAIDS (ibuprofen) and come back in a couple weeks and if still having problems then get an MRI (otherwise they will pay out of their own pockets to get it sooner because their insurance will deny the MRI). Pro players need to get back out there now so they get the MRI right away.
emb0lus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)

Postby jbird669 » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:25 pm

They're cool! I've had four and the first one back in '87 was mad claustophobia, I had 2 inches of room. The last three I had I got to watch videos when I had them. Pretty sweet.
Baseball is a game where a curve is an optical illusion, a screwball can be a pitch or a person, stealing is legal and you can spit anywhere you like except in the umpire's eye or on the ball. ~Jim Murray
jbird669
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 26)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers