Return to Baseball Leftovers

2009 Closers Thread (Please do All Whining Here)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2009 Closers Thread (Please do All Bitching Here)

Postby glcmustliveon » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:44 am

Perfect Thread for me today; Screw you haters ;-7 . I have had Hanrahan (sic) in my lineup for the first two weeks, and he sucked it up. Of course he picks up two saves in TWO DAYS. FML...

PS When is Marmol going to be the Cubs closer, although I should thank sweet Lou because I picked him up off of waivers...

"I hope he arouses the fire that's dormant in the innermost recesses of my soul." --Ichiro Suzuki on Dice-K
glcmustliveon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:44 am

Wrong forum.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:59 am

i blame Mookie
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: -115)

Postby horatio » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:23 pm

from the other closer thread re BJ Ryan

Hopefully it's just a strain and he'll be back within 2-3 weeks

--- yeah no kidding, I dropped Downs for Coffey just the other day so I'm hoping whoever in my league picks Downs up on waivers tonight doesn't get the benefit for more than a couple weeks.

nice thread ;-D
horatio
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -3)

Postby The Raging Inferno » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:03 am

Drop BJ for downs?
The Raging Inferno
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: -1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ayebatter » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:45 am

The Raging Inferno wrote:Drop Downs for a BJ?

Fixed ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 763)

Postby AussieDodger » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:48 am

#$^$##@%@^@% Villa not being able to hold the temp. Milwaukee job after a stellar 2nd half.
:-C
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby killertofu2222 » Fri May 29, 2009 12:41 pm

i hate the closers thread. you say one thing and are immediately attacked by "experts." GET A LIFE
"We can't stop here. This is BAT country!"
killertofu2222
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -1)
Location: I come from the land where the ocean's freeze, spent 3 long months on the open seas

Postby Maris09 » Fri May 29, 2009 1:06 pm

killertofu2222 wrote:i hate the closers thread. you say one thing and are immediately attacked by "experts." GET A LIFE

Ah don't be so melodramatic. When people post a "why isn't Papelbon in the game" question when he's obviously pitched 4 days in a row, yeah someone is going to say something.
What's the purpose of posting something like that?
No one thinks of themselves as an "expert"....it's just basic stuff.

Ok....bring on the 80 people to scream at me who don't know how to check a pitchers game log. :-o
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 5)

Postby bigh0rt » Fri May 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Maris09 wrote:
killertofu2222 wrote:i hate the closers thread. you say one thing and are immediately attacked by "experts." GET A LIFE

Ah don't be so melodramatic. When people post a "why isn't Papelbon in the game" question when he's obviously pitched 4 days in a row, yeah someone is going to say something. What's the purpose of posting something like that?

Ok....bring on the 80 people to screaming at me who don't know how to check a pitchers game log. :~(

It's not that people don't know how to check a pitchers game log -- it's that that is one of the major purposes of the closer thread in general. If you check previous years' renditions, you'll find it all over the place, and the thread has always operated nicely, which is also why you don't see many members who are long tenured here at the Cafe reacting the same way as you and some others in the thread itself. Not trying to beef up those with longer tenure here, or put down some of the greener members by any means here, so please don't think that, but it's a noticeable trend in the thread. The bottom line is the thread is there to help people, period. As long as people aren't asking questions we have specific other forums for them (i.e. Draft, Trade...), then it's nobody's place to question the validity or importance of said question. If you don't feel it's 'worthy' then simply don't answer it. Somebody else either will or they won't, but there's no reason to comment on it unless you're trying to be helpful. That's the long and the short of it. There's really no need for any discussion beyond that. It's not anyone's job to judge questions or comments. The entire purpose of the thread is to help players of all levels and experiences.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers