Return to Baseball Leftovers

Showboating/Gesturing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Showboating/Gesturing

Postby Yoda » Tue May 12, 2009 5:59 pm

Old_Style wrote:
Inukchuk wrote:Seriously? You don't think the 'sore ribs' and 'big eyeballs' comments were a little sour grapesy?

I thought the Braun one was great. You know that HR felt good... ;-D

Braun's pretty cocky/confident, whichever way you want to look at it doesn't matter. If he keeps up with the shenanigans, he'll get a fastball to the ribs every now and again. It didn't make Brenly look bad, as far as I was concerned.

Uh it definitely makes Brenly look bad. He sounds like an idiot actually.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 12, 2009 6:00 pm

i would have liked to see Huff do it more than just the 2 times. he should have done the fist pump right looking at Joba, that would have been funny.
i dont like the Yankees so anything done like that against them is fine with me.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 39)

Postby Yoda » Tue May 12, 2009 6:10 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:i would have liked to see Huff do it more than just the 2 times. he should have done the fist pump right looking at Joba, that would have been funny.
i dont like the Yankees so anything done like that against them is fine with me.

Yeah and Papelbon who is 10 times worse gets a pass right?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -153)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue May 12, 2009 6:18 pm

Yoda wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:i would have liked to see Huff do it more than just the 2 times. he should have done the fist pump right looking at Joba, that would have been funny.

Yeah and Papelbon who is 10 times worse gets a pass right?

i dont really like the Sox that much either so it wouldnt bother me to see someone do something to make fun of Papelbon. i dont dislike the Sox as much as the Yankees, but id like to see both teams lose as much as possible.
living in southern Ontario im more of a Jays fan.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 39)

Postby nsulham » Tue May 12, 2009 6:19 pm

The only problem I have with Papelbon's theatrics, as a Sox fan, is that it just wants to make the opponent beat him that much more. If you're Papelbon, and you strike a guy out and show him how much he sucks by striking him out, then let that be the end of it and don't rub his face in it. Rubbing his face in it is just going to make him focus more on beating you next time. If a guy strikes me out I tip my cap to him and try my damndest to get him back next time, but if he mocks me then my focus and intensity next time is going to be 2x what it was. Guys that are in the league are in the league for a reason, because they can hit (well most of them anyway), they don't need any added incentive to want to beat you.
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: -38)

Postby walkoffblast » Tue May 12, 2009 11:24 pm

For non yankee or red sox fans: who is actually worse Joba or Papelbon?
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -18)

Postby AussieDodger » Tue May 12, 2009 11:33 pm

walkoffblast wrote:For non yankee or red sox fans: who is actually worse Joba or Papelbon?

I like both of them :-D
AussieDodger
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
(Past Year: -37)

Postby walkoffblast » Tue May 12, 2009 11:37 pm

AussieDodger wrote:
walkoffblast wrote:For non yankee or red sox fans: who is actually worse Joba or Papelbon?

I guess worse is a bad choice of words. Who is the most demonstrative on the mound? Last time I saw Joba pitch I assumed he had borrowed some cleaning supplies from his mom.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -18)

Postby DbacksRback » Thu May 14, 2009 11:39 am

I dont mind either team and for me Papelbon is much worse. Watching him pitch, he has great stuff ill give him that but his stare down to get signs bothers the hell out of me. Also I just feel like when your that good you should act like you've struck someone out before and carry on to the next batter. You dont see Nathan or Rivera going nuts after each K. I just feel when your one of the best you should act like it. Pumping fists and everything is fine but after every k like that it gets old
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby drunkmonkey » Thu May 14, 2009 11:42 am

AussieDodger wrote:

Neither of them can hold a candle to Kenny Powers.
drunkmonkey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 ChampionTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers