Return to Baseball Leftovers

Showboating/Gesturing

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Showboating/Gesturing

Postby walkoffblast » Thu May 14, 2009 1:08 pm

drunkmonkey wrote:
AussieDodger wrote:
walkoffblast wrote:For non yankee or red sox fans: who is actually worse Joba or Papelbon?

I like both of them :-D

Neither of them can hold a candle to Kenny Powers.

The Rays were a fool not to sign him.

DbacksRback wrote:
walkoffblast wrote:For non yankee or red sox fans: who is actually worse Joba or Papelbon?

I dont mind either team and for me Papelbon is much worse. Watching him pitch, he has great stuff ill give him that but his stare down to get signs bothers the hell out of me. Also I just feel like when your that good you should act like you've struck someone out before and carry on to the next batter. You dont see Nathan or Rivera going nuts after each K. I just feel when your one of the best you should act like it. Pumping fists and everything is fine but after every k like that it gets old

The stare does not really have much to do with celebrating or anything like that. If excessive celebrations after every strikeout are what is annoying you I am surprised Joba wasn't your choice.
walkoffblast
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: -18)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu May 14, 2009 1:32 pm

Yoda wrote:I am unsure why you can't showboat in baseball. Seems like emotion and expression should be part of the sport. It shows that players are human and also their character.

I like the showboating (Joba's doesn't bother me a bit), just not as much as someone sticking it back in the showboater's face, which is why Huff's mocking was awesome. Even as a Sox fan, I would laugh my a$$ off at someone mocking Paps, who I think is a worse (or better depending on your POV) than Joba. Anything that will make tempers flare and get players emotional I'm 100% in favor of! ;-D

(And yes, that was spoken like a true hockey fan - Go Bruins!)
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Neato Torpedo » Thu May 14, 2009 1:38 pm

Baseball needs more fun.
Rocinante2: you know
Rocinante2: its easy to dismiss the orioles as a bad team
ofanrex: go on
Rocinante2: i'm done
Rocinante2: lmao
Neato Torpedo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -52)

Postby DbacksRback » Thu May 14, 2009 1:40 pm

walkoffblast wrote:The stare does not really have much to do with celebrating or anything like that. If excessive celebrations after every strikeout are what is annoying you I am surprised Joba wasn't your choice.

Yea your right I guess I just dont like him...he finds ways to bother me :-b
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby Bloody Sox » Thu May 14, 2009 2:44 pm

DbacksRback wrote:
walkoffblast wrote:The stare does not really have much to do with celebrating or anything like that. If excessive celebrations after every strikeout are what is annoying you I am surprised Joba wasn't your choice.

Yea your right I guess I just dont like him...he finds ways to bother me :-b

I would hate Paps if he wasn't on the Red Sox :-b
"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else"
Bloody Sox
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mweir145 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Papelbon is worse. He prances around like an idiot every time he gets a save. Act like you've done it before, act like Mariano Rivera.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: -320)

Postby DbacksRback » Thu May 14, 2009 3:29 pm

mweir145 wrote:

Papelbon is worse. He prances around like an idiot every time he gets a save. Act like you've done it before, act like Mariano Rivera.

;-D
DbacksRback
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 20)

Postby mac-unit » Thu May 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Joba was worse in the 12 K game vs Boston. He was celebrating like he just threw a perfect game when he threw 108 pitches over 5.2 innings while giving up 6 hits, 4 ER AND he left the game while taking the loss. It was even more pathetic is how the YES announcer were praising him.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -21)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers