Return to Baseball Leftovers

2nd Season / Midway Games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

2nd Season / Midway Games

Postby TheDudeAbides » Tue May 12, 2009 4:32 pm

I started off the year with two teams in two leagues (head to head and roto 5 by 5) and have been figuratively bent over the baseball god's knee to this point. Injuries, shared playing time and downright sucky-ness.

So this led me to thinking about joining a mid-season game which is something I have never done before. Of course I will still stay competitive in my leagues, but I feel like starting something new.

Also, the main point (and why I am posting it here) is the different strategy and outlook needed for a 2nd season or midway game. Some guys, as we know, play very differently in the second half as compared to the first half. Also we know a lot about some players and they are sure to fall down the draft board (Rollins/Berkman/etc).

Im looking to joining one of Fanball's 2 games they have for the midway point, most likely the one that ends registering at the end of May. I really have not looked at other places so I dont know if anyone is even open to sign up for midways yet.

Anyways, I thought here would be a good place to discuss strategy for these types of leagues, talk about how they differ from the full year leagues and any tips/thoughts people have.
TheDudeAbides
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: -2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers