Return to Baseball Leftovers

Verlander Bandwagon

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Verlander Bandwagon

Postby thebawler » Thu May 14, 2009 3:43 pm

mod edited
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mac-unit » Thu May 14, 2009 3:50 pm

If it makes you feel better Verlander probably would have had similer results if he had stayed in. After last night his team didn't need him to go K 13 guys they needed him to go 8 innings.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -21)

Postby Zito is God » Thu May 14, 2009 4:10 pm

After Greinke, Verlander I believe is the best pitcher in baseball over his last 4 starts. Going 6+ innings is as much as you should ask of a starter, the bullpen simply sucks in Detroit.
Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -54)

Postby mac-unit » Thu May 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Zito is God wrote:After Greinke, Verlander I believe is the best pitcher in baseball over his last 4 starts. Going 6+ innings is as much as you should ask of a starter, the bullpen simply sucks in Detroit.

I would take Halladay 100 times before I even considered Verlander.

I missed that you said last 4 starts. He only went more then 7 once, the Tigers pen isn't good enough to handle that.
mac-unit
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -21)

Postby AquaMan2342 » Thu May 14, 2009 4:37 pm

auclairkeithbc wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:This is un f*(&@#($&*@#$ real. Detroit's bullpen is so F*(&@#($* s289734 and I've had it. Verlander was absolutely dominant today. Excuse me while I go puke.

gotta go deeper in the game if you want to lock down the W.

Theoretically, yes. But the bullpen flat out sucks. There's no way around it. They should have taken two of three in this series and instead they get swept. 100% of the blame lies on the bullpen. They blew four leads last night, and were up by five with eight outs to go today. Even an average bullpen can take care of that. Detroit Ly (i)on was a wonderful signing.
AquaMan2342
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: -120)
Location: Searchin for my mainline....I couldn't hit it sideways

Postby mtxdevil » Thu May 14, 2009 4:39 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:
auclairkeithbc wrote:
AquaMan2342 wrote:This is un f*(&@#($&*@#$ real. Detroit's bullpen is so F*(&@#($* s289734 and I've had it. Verlander was absolutely dominant today. Excuse me while I go puke.

gotta go deeper in the game if you want to lock down the W.

Theoretically, yes. But the bullpen flat out sucks. There's no way around it. They should have taken two of three in this series and instead they get swept. 100% of the blame lies on the bullpen. They blew four leads last night, and were up by five with eight outs to go today. Even an average bullpen can take care of that. Detroit Ly (i)on was a wonderful signing.

I've already accepted that our bullpen is putrid. :,-(
mtxdevil
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: -3)

Postby kab21 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Go Twins. ;-D
My website - The World Is Not That Big
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 108)

Postby thebawler » Thu May 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Ugh to make it even worse the team i'm up against this week has nathan.....2k and a sv....should have never been in........about a 20 point swing.....sigh
V.Mart, P.Fielder, Alexi.R, D.Wright, M.Young, S.Drew, D.Lee, A.Dunn, C.Granderson, N.Cruz, G.Jones, Aramis.R

C.Sabathia, S.Baker, J.Sheilds, D.Price, J.Verlander, J.Lackey, M.Cain, T.Hanson. F. Rodriguez, J. Valverde, B. Lidge, J.A. Happ, M. Latos
thebawler
College Coach
College Coach

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers